In Feb I had my case at the CCMA for Constructive Dismissal. I had concrete grounds and proof to proof this and asked the help of a trade union. At the day of the Con-Arb case my employer offered at Conciliation to settle with 3 months’ salary and to say the reason for leaving was Retrenchment. My union advised me to take it although I didn't feel it was fair for all the hell I’ve been through with them but I followed his advise.

My problem is that my ex employer is making sure I will not get a job with the reference she is giving me. I never had any disciplinary and was a very good employee My work performance was so good that the year before I got a 24% increase and I know it was because of professional jealousy that my senior worked me out of my job.

Several Recruiters have phoned me to ask why was I retrenched and my reference is a concern to them. My ex employer just says she doesn’t feel comfortable to talk about me.

Please help me; I really feel this is so unfair because I am a good employee, to good because sometimes the people I work with feel threatened.
I seems like I will have to lie to get a job, like saying I am still employed or change my work place and give up a friend’s name as a reference.