Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medical Aid problem with liberty

Thanks
    Sure, but even if we had R400mil, and actually spend it on health services, we would still need to pay medical aid and we'd still have the same issues. And 2 years later we'll hear about the scams that some of the medical aid companies & health companies have committed with this R400mil and how we need to spend more money to fix their problems and medical costs will rise even more.
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well any system regardless of what it is needs good management. See money is only part of the problem. We need trustworthy leadership a strong management program and penalty system. If these things are emplace then only can you look at the money needed. See if the management system is effective then scams will be less successful and with the penalty system those who stealing will lose “big-time”

Still it all starts with will power and that is the one thing we don’t have right now...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Isn't there an ombudsman for medical aid schemes that you could contact?
    Yes its the Medical Council of SA - I've tried them before...took a year and then they lost the documents. They are no different to every other ombudsman in the country....only there to protect the profession they represent and themselves. The consumer is last on their agenda.

I have personally taken matters up with the banking ombudsman, the estate agents board, the legal society of Natal, The medical council, the ombudsman for short term insurance and the office of consumer protection. I actually proved and found favourable in two of the cases. The end result though disappeared - the bank (absa) offered a few hundred rand in compensation via the ombudsman, who thought this was a good result and outcome for causing me over R100,000 loss in a court case and exposing my private information to the opposing side without cause, and the estate agents board felt that the outcome would result in a protracted court case which may go either way and they could not support my case any further - this after finding their member guilty as charged. The others have ignore the documentation, lost it or it sits under a pile of paper cause the person responsible is no longer with them.

The whole lot a big joke.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    wow, sounds like you've been around

I only ever had to deal with the UNISA ombudsman, and the matter at hand was resolved quite well,but I didn't know they're as bad as the industry.
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sadly most things are just a joke. It is a joke when a woman’s baby was killed “murdered” in a state hospital and there is no action from the police. It is a joke when a man’s money is stolen from within a bank and there is no-one to help them get it back. It is a joke, when billions are stolen from the tax payer and no one does an investigation.

Yes a lot of us have lost a lot of money and some has lost more than just money. Still to those whose job it is to protect us... I say to them:
    and
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftDux View Post
    it's all about the money! They don't care about you, or your health or your frustrations. They only care about your money and how much they can milk out of you.

Isn't there an ombudsman for medical aid schemes that you could contact?
    agreed. I think the worst possible situation would be if someone is living alone and has a top of the range medical scheme. I highly doubt the medical aid will even bother to pay if that person gets seriously injured.

7. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (25-Jan-10)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12