I see your point and agree with a lot of what you say, BUT ....

Quote Originally Posted by SoftDux View Post
We have a fairly large knowledge base with everything the clients need to manage their hosting account, but we still get the support calls & tickets.
I run a business, and when my web site or server or mail server or apache or mySQL or FTP or PHP code goes wrong, I am not interested in spending 30 to 60 frustrating minutes searching a knowledgebase with a minute hope of finding the correct solution - when my day goes pear shaped, I pick up the phone and call technical support -- PRONTO -- that's human nature.

The only thing I have found that helps my clients ( some quite PC illiterate ) is I direct them to my web site, click on a link and use RemoteView to connect to their screen - then I can take them through the steps one-by-one and they can see what I'm doing - often a lot faster than trying to talk them through it on the phone.

Yes sir - Click on the button - Yes, with the right button - the one on the mouse, no, a single click. Click on the Start button - no, on the screen - yes, with the mouse - the right mouse button. It's at the bottom left corner of the screen ...... and just pray you don't have to ask them to use ctrl-alt-del ...... and my wife wonders why I'm almost bald !!