Hi Simon and Ian
The market for logbooks are so big and have so many different customers with different requirements.
In our research and tests we found that certain products will suit diffrent clients. It is our opponion that even if there were 10 similar products for this market, it will still not suffice. So we are happy that there are place for everyone to do their business positively and without fear. I agree that forums like these should get all the feedback needed from end users. The Travelog unit is very different in application to something like Elogger. The fact that some units lose power and take a long time to detect satellite signal is important to look at when choosing any GPS product. Important to not give feedback on characteristics like these in general. It can sound like only one unit for instance Travelog has overcome this problem. Elogger for instance will have satellite linkage within 35sec of starting your vehicle because we dont want travel data to be lost. Every product will have some negative and other positive features which I am sure Travelog and Elogger have too. It will be our aim to focus on our own unit and improve wherever we can to fulfil our customer needs as we receive feedback.
I think enough said without trying to talk down someone else's product. We trust that users will do their homework when looking to buy their logbooks.
Thank you for a very information filled forum. Appreciate it.