Thread: Cardinal Trust Foundation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cardinal Trust Foundation

I've just been asked to research the Cardinal Trust Foundation to check if it is yet another 419 scam. And indeed it would seem to be.

But in doing the research I checked Google's cache of their website (as the website is no longer available) - They were running Google Adsense! That should make the culprits a little more traceable, I'd think.

The other interesting thing about this particular approach is it all started by SMS spam over cellphone rather than the usual email spam approach.

Thanks
    Yup sms scams are the increase HUGELY, 419K and phishing leading the pack. Got an Absa one 2 days ago offering free bond and reply to the message some will come back to you, R5 per SMS! The they ask you to confirm more details, another R5. Didnt do it cause am aware of it... but how many will afll for it cause it's new! Another common one is the phishing update your bank details urgently, call our consultant who checks your account and then asks PIN.
    Last edited by garthu; 23-Jan-09 at 04:31 PM.
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

3. Thanks given for this post:

Graeme (23-Jan-09)

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I had a Standard bank message floating in the office. Said i was running two credit cards off one account? And my account will be terminated if I don't respond. I will post the message here later.
    once there was a man. the end.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Dear Standard Bank client
    Closing Accounts and Limiting Account Access

This is your official notification that your account has been Limited. We recently reviewed your credit card and it seems that you are using the same credit card for 2 accounts. As you can read in our User Agreement ( section 5.11 ) opening multiple accounts is strictly forbidden. You are now requested to provide information relevant to your account. Standard Bank will investigate the matter promptly and if the investigation is in your favor, we will restore your account.

# Standard Bank Email ID PP812B22

How can I restore my account access?
    Click here and complete the steps to remove limitations.

Completing all of the checklist items will automatically restore your account access.
    Thank you for using Standard Bank!

The Standard Bank Team

Copyright © 2007 Standard Bank Inc. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Standard Bank is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.
    Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your Standard Bank account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.
    My favorite bit is the link: "http://nb19-146.static.cytanet.com.cy/standardbank.co.za/index.php" Which since then has been closed down, and if you're using firefox will have been notified about it being Reported Web Forgery!
    This web site at nb19-146.static.cytanet.com.cy has been reported as a web forgery and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
    Firefox is an excellent browser!
    once there was a man. the end.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3x-a-d3-u5 View Post
    My favorite bit is the link: "http://nb19-146.static.cytanet.com.cy/standardbank.co.za/index.php" Which since then has been closed down, and if you're using firefox will have been notified about it being Reported Web Forgery!

Firefox is an excellent browser!
    a work colleague recently received something similar... only problem is, she doesn't bank with standard bank. criminals are getting really intelligent these days