Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Amway/Network 21

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hepple View Post
    Hi IanF. A couple of answers. When you were approached you would seem to have already had a negative conception of what Amway and N21 are all about which is something that all of us as distributors have to face so we invite people to a preview of the business where the true picture of our business is presented and, whoever the new person is that was invited can make a decision based on facts and they are able to ask as many questions they want to.
    Rob
    Thanks for taking the time to reply, with this approach N21 are just reinforcing the perception I have. The only branded item they had was a cd. I did try to keep an open mind, who wouldn't want a passive income. Just I prefer a straight approach. I would not feel comfortable joining and having to "deceive" people to get them to the seminar, I can't work like that.

Do you know where I can get the rest of the info?
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Hi Ian. Unfortunately, I do not know how you were approached. We are taught, using the N21 system, how to make a professional approach and invitation. We do not try to deceive anyone and make any false claims. It is purely an invitation to a business presentation. If anyone asks us at the invitation if it is Amway or N21 we tell them that it is. Until any person has seen the full business presentation they cannot say they know this business or understand this business. I am extremely proud to be associated with the Amway Corporation and N21 Global. I have yet to come accross companies or organisations of any sort that have the integrity and integrity of leadership that both of these companies have. That you will only find out if you are prepared to your due diligence and not listen to heresay and other peoples opinions.
    Please take what I'm about to say in the spirit in which it is meant. If you had never heard of the Amway Corporation or N21 before, would you still have felt you were being deceived? I truly think not. It was merely your preconceived idea of, possibly, other peoples ill conceived ideas or perceptions that you had heard.
    The only way you will get the true picture of any business in any industry is to speak to people who are successful and know what they are talking about. Ours is no different. People who quit or fail will almost always have all their reasons lined up as to why their businesses failed instead of looking inward. The only people who fail in our business are the people who quit.
    So, before anyone passes judgement on our methods, please feel free to do your investigations from the inside out and you will find a business that is extraordinary.

Thanks
    Hi IanF,

I am not directly linked to Shaun and Miranda Henderson. I do know of there success outside of this business. I know allot more about their success in this business. I have learned allot from them, as far as teachers in this system they are among the best in the country. All I can suggest is if you have the chance to have them mentor and teach you, take the 3 month trial. If not for you then leave. Rather be in it and it fails, than not and it works.

Thanks
    Hi Marq,

I have read many of your posts. I would never dare question your intelect. You seem to know allot about a few interesting topics.
    I could not resist you question for a no BS explanation ( maybe a test for me?)
    Firstly, this big business opportunity run by shiny smiley people. Yeah why not. To do something different than the norm, you need to be different and think different. Why smiley people, well fisrtly we rely on ourselves. For all the benefits of that, it makes it harder. Especially when no one else or few others believe you can truly do it. People are all constantly faced with negativity, we are bombarded with it from media, peers and so many other forms. So if we want to tell ourselves to be happy, and smiley and do this thing. Just take the chance because if it works the benefits are what peopel work their whole lives for.
    I have the greatest respect for people that strive to be different, too many people mope about in life. We are trying to be better than that, and we offer others the same opportunity.
    Now for your non BS explanation.
    I love the eduation system Network 21. I have learned more than I ever would have by just trundling through life. And for R 400 a month. Its a small cost once you realise what you will learn. It has not only helped me be better in my career but also better in relationships, romantic and not.
    I am not an Amway Junky! To be honest, who really cares what soap they use and what coffee they drink, what washing powder washes their clothes. All we really want is a product that works. Many times people will go for the cheapest anyway as long as it just does its job.
    All I care about is what pays me, instead of your major retailers pocketing all that markup on products. I want some! This system allows me access to that. And all I need to do is tell some people about it. Like watching a movie and refering your mates to watch it. Then you can actually make some more money.
    Why the business will continue, no matter what happens in an economy people will still wash their clothes and bodies. And even brush their teeth.

I am in my 20's. I focus and do this even for 10 years. Build up a R 40 000 a month income. Which is not too big in this business but still good by normal standards. I will be in my 30's. I would have set up a retirement income that only about 4% of people ever achieve after 40 years of normal working.
    If it works ( which it will and does ) I would have set that up. If not I would have accelerated myself up the corporate ladder from what I have learned about business and relationships.
    So as I said to IanF, I would rather be in this and it doesnt work. Than not be in and kick myself not for trying.
    Your a smart individual so no doubt you know the true definition of a pyramid scheme. If you believe that Amway resembles a pyramid scheme? Look at some of the largest direct sales businesses. Check their structure out. They are alot more like a pyramid. I would know I have worked for 2 of the major ones in SA and globally.
    Not everyone can build a normal business. This, anyone can do.
    As for the sign up now or lose out. To be honest you wont lose out. The business will grow, with or without them. There are lots of people out there, many of which will see the benefit in this. Its just a question of if they want to be a part of it or not. But essentially no matter what your background or knowledge, or money. Everyone starts at the same place.

So you can continue been skeptical, you will either see the benefit or not.
    I hope that I kept as much BS out as possible.

5. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (16-Jul-09), IanF (17-Jul-09)

Thanks
    Kevm and Rob
    Thanks for the replies it looks like the only way to evaluate this is to go into it. So try it on blind faith and then cancel if you don't like it. I will continue with my research to see if there are facts available. I probably overthink this!
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi to all

Here are my experiences with Amway and Network 21.

Firstly let me start off by saying that most of the Amway products are far superior to any commercial product you may find on the shelves of any retailer. I'm specifically referring to their "core" products, the SA8 (Washing powder range), the LOC (Home cleaning range) and the Nutrilite multivitamins. These are awesome.

Secondly I'm in a direct line of sponsorship of one of the best people in the business, with one of the biggest businesses in SA. The reason I mention this is that i "know" this "pipeline", "leg" or whatever you want to call it will not "die".

There are two ways you can do this business. Active or Passive. As discussed in one of the earlier posts when you are passive, your business grows below you, and you reap the reward of higher rebates on your "anyway" spend. Again, this is a no brainer... Or is it??? During my initial introduction to this, I was let to believe that "anyway" spend which includes cell phone and insurance in my case = R1000, depending on the size of my business, i should get back up to 21%??? The perception that was created, that on my R1000 "Anyway" spend, I will get back initially 3% (R30), then 6% (R60) then 9% (R90) and so forth, till you get to the maximum of 21% = R210.

This is unfortunately the furthest from the truth you could possibly get. I'm not going into the details, but there was a fair amount of hidden truths not told, and this really ticked me off.

For two years, I was actively busy with this business, doing all the "right" things, and introducing plenty of new people to the business. My upline / sponsors was real supportive. I really felt part of a "Family". That is until the day I decided to be less active, and more passive. Everything changed.

It is now more than a year later, and to date I have not received 1 call from any of the "Leaders" in my upline (One of who is a Diamond, one who is Platinum, and one who is Super Silver - Pardon the jargon) since I made that decision. The so called "business will grow with or without you" might happen, but not in my case, as my business is stagnant at between 9% and 12%. It has been like that for the last 3 years.

The line that you can reach the 21% within 6 months is also a lot of BS, as I know of only 1 couple who got close to that time-frame, and they did it in 9 months. The rumor is also that they did more damage than good, as the majority of the people who dealt with them, does not want to do anything more with them...

This brings me to my next comment. Amway DOES work, however the people "driving" Amway are the problem. They are the ones who give Amway a bad name. And I can testify to that.

As a final note on Amway, I still use the product, but doubt if I will ever be actively involved again.

Network 21 is the other aspect of this business, and once again, you are "told" that you need this in order to be successful in Amway. To me this was real close to brain washing you. Most of the CD's say the same thing over and over, just the "packaging" is different. I was never allowed to say anything negative, and lets face it, life is not all sunshine and roses. If you were not a team player, you got shut out. At least, in my team that is what happened.

This brings me to the financial aspect of this business. Attending all the weekly, monthly and quarterly seminars, and buying all the added material costs a crap-load of money. Unfortunately my business never got to the stage where I broke even, and that was one of the reasons I decided to go passive.

This is just some of my experiences, and not all were bad. I have some very nice memories.
    Last edited by Dave A; 17-Aug-09 at 05:35 PM. Reason: typo

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Willemien. Stick it out it's worth it. Try and get in touch with someone upline that can guide you. Also the CEP and functions are vital. Without these it is very difficult to succeed in this type of industry. Use the products so that you can be familiar with them. Be core!
    Hope this helps.

Mike

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Kevm and Rob
    Thanks for the replies it looks like the only way to evaluate this is to go into it. So try it on blind faith and then cancel if you don't like it. I will continue with my research to see if there are facts available. I probably overthink this!
    Hi IanF. I have been in this business for 7 months now. I havn't done what is stipulated to bring the sucess in the times that are spoken about. I am somewhat of a slow starter. I have found that even after 7 months I am learning new things every week. This business is the opposit eto conventional business in that when you start a new job/business you are very excited untill reality hits. In this business I was not too excited about starting but I am finding the business more exciting and intriguing the longer I am involved.

Regards

Mike
    Last edited by MikeC; 19-Aug-09 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
    Hi Willemien. Stick it out it's worth it. Try and get in touch with someone upline that can guide you. Also the CEP and functions are vital. Without these it is very difficult to succeed in this type of industry. Use the products so that you can be familiar with them. Be core!
    Hope this helps.
    Well said Mike! I've said this before and I'll say it again. The only people who fail are those who quit. Don't quit. I'm sure if you look upline you'll find someone who will be prepared to work with and help you. Communication is a 2-way street. Reopen those lines. Hang in there Willemien.
    Last edited by Dave A; 20-Aug-09 at 08:46 AM.

Email problem
    Thanks

Be a great mentor

Hi Demestos...

going back to what you said

"It is now more than a year later, and to date I have not received 1 call from any of the "Leaders" in my upline (One of who is a Diamond, one who is Platinum, and one who is Super Silver - Pardon the jargon) since I made that decision. The so called "business will grow with or without you" might happen, but not in my case, as my business is stagnant at between 9% and 12%. It has been like that for the last 3 years. "

It is sad for me to hear that nobody in your upline has been in contact with you.

I believe that in this business you need to be a succcessful mentor to your business teams. The way I grow my business is by taking someone who joins my business and start with their goal setting.

I sit down with my new memeber and we structure a realistic goal. What I mean by this is we take the entire goal and we break it down into smaller bits. Always take small steps. And this is my focus. I go out their and work and help my members below me. Yes there is a line drawn as the members must pull their weight and if they don't I let them know.

But it's not just about showing people results and just putting people in their teams, no it's about following up with everyone (everyone = the people you personally put into the business as obviously you don't get to meet everyone as your members will put people in the team that you may never meet) showing interest in them, motivating them when times are tough.

I think thats the big difference. I don't worry about results as I know they will come later. I focus on doing this right, building my foundation of my business CORRECTLY, so that whenever I choose to leave or take a break I don't have to worry as my business will be in great hands. If people believe in you then your business will grow.

You sound like you have grown yourself a really great business but sad to here that you have lost interest due to your circumstances.

I hope one day you get the urge to get back on the horse

All the best.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast