Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Issuing IT3a's

  1. #1
    just me duncan drennan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Cape Town
    Thanked 94 Times in 77 Posts

    Issuing IT3a's

    How does the issuing of IT3a's work with the new employer tax system?

    Do you have to be registered for PAYE to issue IT3a's?
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

  2. #2
    Site Caretaker Dave A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Durban, South Africa
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When I was an OMB, my accountant used to issue IRP3a's (from his stock) for my rent payments! Based on that, you did not have to be registered as an employer to issue an IRP3a. I don't know if that has changed, though.

    Ask SARS for an IRP3a book and see what happens

  3. #3
    Silver Member geraldenek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Somerset West
    Thanked 112 Times in 80 Posts
    You can issue a IT3 regardless if you are PAYE registered or not. The only difference is instead of using a PAYE number for the PAYE reference "blocks" on the IT3, you can use the company / CC registration or tax number.

    You can ask SARS for an IT3 book or issue your own IT3's on the electronic software on the sars efiling website.

    You only need to issue a IT3 when the total remuneration is more than R10 000.

  4. Thank given for this post:

    Dave A (21-Jul-08), duncan drennan (21-Jul-08)

Similar Threads

  1. Issuing electrical COCs - On a hiding to nothing!
    By Dave A in forum Electrical Contracting Industry Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 18-Feb-12, 11:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts