Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
I have learnt that there is someting that everybody wants/expects in business: Price, Service and Quality. But you can have only two!
A Cheap price often accompanies poor quality and service. You never see the fly-by-night again.
You may have good service at a reasonable price, but the quality of materials are not the best.
If you want all three, good quality, service and price, be prepared to pay for it.

Have pride in your work or product. Don't lower your standards. The people who were bitten by the fly-by-night operator or bakkie brigade will eventually come round to ask for your service. Ask for referrals and accolades to add to your reputation.
It's not right to refer to the bakkie brigade as fly by night operators.
The person/persons who came up with that name as a description of operators without integrity, is an idiot in my opinion.

The chairman of the ECA in our valley operates from a bakkie, as well as 99% of all the well capable and decent electricians I know.

Fortunately I cannot be referred to as the bakkie brigade as I operate out of a car. ( 1999 station wagon or an estate, whichever you prefer )