As pointed out in the previous post, the old the installation the higher the risk, especially if not maintained at the correct intervals , by a competent person.

What the correct intervals, how often should your installation be checked, this people is where the real problem is going to begin.

Why do I say that, lets hear how many customers can still get hold of the installer who fitted the system, how many of those office with a desk and internet connection still operating?

Why I say this is going to become the real challenge for many customers, just looking at photos on social media, a huge percentage of systems installed by DIYers and approved installers dont even pass the spacing requirements.

I opened a post the other of day, of a picture on one of the suppliers, who have to a lot to say about warranties claims and spacing, yet the picture they posted by one of their installers, without even going to site, you could see by the picture that the installation would fail.

So what I see happening, as time passes so people are going to need to get some in to do periodic checks and that is where the fight is going to start and lots of them.

that saying... but it has worked for the past 3 years", is going to become the same ol tune played.

Where is the design, roof approval, the invoice for the registered elctrical contractor who did the job or at supervised it, and the COC.

You thought it was already interesting just watch the sales and installation of solar systems, wait till the maintenance is required and the insurance companies start requesting all the relevant documentation.

As the systems age and the fire increase so the insurance companies will do what they have done with load shedding, request surge protection as a standard, no surge protection no claim.

Interesting time ahead, you thought the market was dying, it just getting started, the real work is going to start when the property is sold or maintenance is required