I am getting more and more calls for people requesting quotes to replace the "Online UPS" with an inverter rather than replacing the batteries in the UPS, I word for you "DONT". I am also getting complaints where installers are replacing online UPS units with inverters, now the companies are experiencing the same issue they did before they installed the online UPS.

We have sites which experience data loss, data corruption and HDD failures, the solution and online UPS, first online UPS we installed was back in 1996 and is still in service today (batteries have been replaced as required)

You cannot compare an online UPS to an inverter.

You can compare a switching entry level UPS to an inverter.

Do your research or speak to someone who understands why we use online UPS units. It becomes a very very expensive replacement.

To give you one example of a factory environment where we have setup a system to keep the network and computers operating.

To keep within the budget we fitted an online UPS to the server cabinet and to places where critical data is stored or processed, then installed an inverters to keep the "lights" on.

CNN machines for example where drives cost R100 k plus, you dont fit a inverter, you install an online UPS or at least a stabilized power supply, filters and surge protection, other wise make sure you insure with an insurance company which is clueless about the power challenges in SA, in this day and age, that could be a bigger challenge.