Thread: One or two coc's

Thanks

One or two coc's

Not too often that I work out of town in the countryside, but I am busy now with supplying a coc for the sale of a farm.

There are 2, what I would call main houses about 3 km's apart. Each has its own Eskom supply.

The one house has 1 outbuilding with it's own db.

House No2 has 3 outbuildings each with their own db's.

Am I correct when I have decided to issue 2 seperate coc's accompanied by their relevant test reports ?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    This is how I understand it works.

You issue an original COC, with the test report for DB/Supply - Main DB, tick additional pages (for this example, we will say there is one sub DB) the number of pages added- 1.

Then you attach the additional page (1) which will be the test report for DB/supply - Sub DB 1, with the COC number on the top right. Additional pages added, no will be ticked.

When I issue COC/test reports, normally there are more than 2 additional pages attached which covers section 3 in a lot more detail ( as per document I have sent you in the past).
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Thanks
    Thanks man.

The thing I'm not sure about is the fact that there are 2 seperate Eskom supplies. One to each house. So it's one property with 2 seperate Eskom supplies, hence I reported that 2 seperate coc's need to be issued.

Am I correct in my assumption ?

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hello all!

Took a long break, mostly as had to daddy day care before the school started. Hope everyone is well !

Must say I am not gees for work, first day today and overwhelmed with stress already.

Anyway back to topic, I agree on 2 CoC's as there are two supplies, the addresses will be the same but the ERF numbers may be different. Does the owner get 2 invoices for power each month ? I assume so so on there you can find the ERF numbers and perhaps even a stand number difference for the address, EG house number 34 XYZ street and then number 35 XYZ street address.

Good luck ! Farms and plots often if not always have a lot of issues from what I have seen.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    @ Dylboy. Welcome back. Happy new year. The address is the same for both houses so for the first time ever I distinguished between the two by my description and entered the GPS co ordinates for the main db's as provided for on the coc.

Always wondered if I would ever use that facility on the form. Now I have.

The wonders of modern technology. 🤣🤣

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Looking at the question I thought the answer was str forward and would require 2 COC's because the supplies are different and will have different characteristics but see that the supply characteristics are on the test report

The COC itself will be different though as the pole numbers and GPS coordinates will be different for the point of supply and control
    In my opinion 2 COC's would be the correct way to handle it

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Go for 2 COC's that will also help in the future if one house get altered only that COC needs to be altered. If everything is on one COC things can get confusing in the future

Thanks
    I would issue 2 COC's especially if the dwellings received 2 Eskom accounts if not I will still issue 2

Thanks
    Thanks all. Finishing the job tomorrow. 2 coc's will be issued with their relevant sub db test reports.

This was a nice one to start the year with and sort out January.

Peace out. ..

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.