Thread: Charge your worth

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Charge your worth

If you charge a cheap rate and attempt to offer the best service using the best equipment with the best team you will fail.

If the customer says you are too expensive, you working for the wrong customers.

Since I started filtering customers,

bad and slow payers,

Ones who think if they stop giving you business, you will go bust,

Ones who have bad manners and treat their staff badly, seem to think they can treat you the same, get rid of them, you will thank me one day,

Bullies, yip they are everywhere, even in the work environment,

Like anything in life you have to start somewhere, deal with horrible customers and learn from your mistakes, the sooner you learn to unload these customers, the faster you will grow.

You might think that you need to go in cheap to get win a quote, remember it easier to offer a discount than increase your rate

Dress right, cut your hair, wash your hands, spend the money on covers and respect the customers property, makes sure you know your shyte, clean the rubbish and tidy up your equipment in the vehicle

If offer a crap service, use crap equipment, drive an old messy scrap vehicle, dress like a poor person, dont expect to be paid top rates.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I have been doing this for a long time, so I talk from experience.

I use to make sure I got every job, and worked my butt off to make sure I offered the best service to everyone, spent all my profits on best high quality new equipment , slowly but surely some people start taking advantage of your good nature and kindness.

I use to think that if I lost a customer would close down, in fact it is quite the opposite, you grow faster.

Be honest, do what you say you are going to do, make sure you finish in the time frame discussed, your customers will be your best sales team.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    A very important tip, keep learning, even if it is just to keep your mind active.

I find that keeping up with new tech motivates me to get up and keep going.

Thanks
    Good advice.

Don't know so much about the cut your hair part, though. Haven't done that for 18 years and I'm still in business. 🤣🤣