Thread: The regulations

Platinum Member
    Thanks

The regulations

I had good chuckle when he mentions questions posed to electricians, will get you 11 different answers.

It is a pity we dont have a company or YouTube channel similar to this ( I would pay a subscription) which creates videos like this with the facts.

The information shared on this channel is good, however it is a 1st country, we still living in a 5 th world in the dark ages (literally), hanging onto old SANS regs which seem to have fallen away due to a lack of skilled people, so it seems every man and his dog has climbed onto the regs and interpret them as they feel fit. You have electricians relying on posts on social media to guide them .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BBC..._channel=eFIXX
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I see the ECA has opened a PV training Centre, looks like they got a little left behind.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post
    I see the ECA has opened a PV training Centre, looks like they got a little left behind.
    Training Centre has been there and basic PV being taught for awhile
    BUT NOW
    It is the only training center to offer PV training certified by QCTO as a recognized qualification

Not left behind - At the forefront

https://ecasa.co.za/training/launchi...yle-eca-style/

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I decided at the beginning of this year that I will attempt to squeeze in some training ( I wish there were more weekend courses for us self employed people) in the various fields in which I work, hopefully more brand specific, Like CCTV I use Dahua products because they link with the alarm product we install (I have already completed all the IDS training)

I also want to find a solar brand which offers decent brand specific training, not just in 50 KW plus equipment. I want to find a brand which is going to offer lithium batteries which can be installed basically anywhere. I believe the brand which offers this product will take the lead in the battery race in SA.

Lithium batteries have already made a name for themselves, however lithium batteries which according to social media with reference to SANS regs are not suitable for installing in SA homes, they are dangerous and could catch on fire and burn your house down, if not installed far away from your house. I wish a panel of experts with the correct qualifications would sit down and sort out all the myths and create a installer guide for electricians and installers.

Quote Originally Posted by GCE View Post
    Training Centre has been there and basic PV being taught for awhile
    BUT NOW
    It is the only training center to offer PV training certified by QCTO as a recognized qualification

Not left behind - At the forefront

https://ecasa.co.za/training/launchi...yle-eca-style/

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    By the way I have decided to bite the bullet and move a step closer to becoming a member of the ECA. Lets see how the process goes.