Thread: Determining your worth

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Determining your worth

Everyone knows what you should be charging, there are min. charge rates, and tons of advice on the WWW, but only you and you will figure out your true value.

One of my biggest challenges in business, has always been my lack of confidence in my abilities and skill level.

For many years while paying "school fees" I charged far less than my worth, but hey we live and learn.

When you tell a customer to piss off and they just keep coming back, you know one of two things either you were too cheap or your services are way more valuable than you know.

There are very few sparkies left who are worth their salt, and becoming a dying breed by the day.

I spent a lot of time this weekend pondering about business, staff and life in general.

Since I started this little business, I have always charged what I would regard as a reasonable rate (less than my worth)

I was sitting in a group a while back and someone mentioned that my rate was too expensive, the sad part is that I had never done elctrical work for the person, he just assumed that Rate the time R850 per hour was expensive, I just smiled because you cant ague with a fool who has no idea what he is talking about, and to make it even worse has never been self employed.

The art to being self employed for a long period of time (more than 10 years... barely 2 % will last that long) , it not about all the bullshyte that many people who have never been self employed will tell you.

Dump customers who dont value your worth, this is one of the biggest problems with small business, we tend to hang onto customers who feel they are doing you a favor.

Once you start relieving yourself of these customer, you will notice a steady growth in your business.

Focus on customers who who appreciate your efforts, value your time and expertise, pay on time and create a positive atmosphere.

My customers understand that my family comes first, but I put just as much effort into them as I do my family.

It is simple, "make sure the customer can trust you will add the value they expect for what you charge"," everyone is a winner
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Thanks
    So true

Thanks
    While some are contemplating their worth and others are either packing and making preperations for that annual holiday or are already on holiday, this oke is busy contemplating the quickest and easiest way to repair a vandalized house so that the occupants can have some electricity for Christmas.

We should make it in time and that will give me inner peace which is worth more than all the money in the world.

Here's wishing you all a blessed festive season.

Peace out, brothers.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I took advantage of the Friday public holiday, spent 3 days with the family in the berg, hiking in the mountains, back to work on Monday morning feeling revived and ready for the festive season challenges.

I love working this time of year, no traffic and everyone is happy.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.