Thread: Sage Cloud Payroll System and Ufiling

Thanks

Angry Sage Cloud Payroll System and Ufiling

We are labour practitioners who have approximately 30 clients on our payroll. We submit UIF per client via the UIF Declaration tab in Sage Cloud Payroll. This generates a PDF file which lists the employee names and figures so we save this PDF file on our system as proof. We then, if we are lucky (but more often that not) receive a confirmation email from UIF stating "no errors found", or whatever. To me, this confirmation email means they have received our file and have populated all the info into the relevant client's UIF/DOL number.

It now seems it was a bad assumption that the info from the UIF Declaration would automatically populate into the Ufiling portal - this includes take on date and resignation date - as we have never really checked these declarations on ufiling.

We have now had a client whose employee wants to claim UIF and when going onto Ufiling to check why the resignation date has not populated we firstly found that only 1 employee is listed where there are actually 10 and then clicking on Declarations found that almost all declarations are either red (declaration issues) or yellow (declaration allowed).

Therefore my question is - do these 2 systems not talk to each other and if so, what are we supposed to do in Ufiling ?

I hope there is someone who can give me some guidelines on how this handshake works.

Thanking you in advance.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hi Dulcie
    Continue doing what you do. The UIF department will require that you submit blah blah blah. These will include periods for which you have email proof that you submitted, but just submit again and let the employee try again.

This sometimes happens up to 6 times, especially if there are old periods. You should be able to look in your Sent items; send them again, or else do it from the payroll. The people are total dunces.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Dulcie (16-Nov-23)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just to add for the benefit of users of other payroll packages - this is not just Sage Cloud Payroll unique.

I advise my experience is the payroll data submitted from my (not a Sage product) payroll package via email to UIF does end up populating the uFiling data.
    So the systems do talk to each other. It just doesn't show the return as filed in uFiling.

And the channel does come with some obvious processing risks - like the email not making it, or processing glitches on the DoEL servers.
    A DoEL system that confirmed processing of the emailed submission within a reasonable time (somewhere between immediately and 24 hours) rather than multiple weeks later would be a step in the right direction.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Dulcie (16-Nov-23)

Thanks
    Thank you for your responses.

Just letting you know I submitted UIF for various clients on 23 October and today (16th Nov) received 6 confirmations - waiting for the rest.

As I understand from your responses I just keep processing via payroll and not worry about the Ufiling side of things as it will sort itself out ?

Gold Member
    Thanks
    If you have payrolls that are a few hundred employees, using ufiling is absolutely impossible. Instead you send an electronic UI19 to declarations at uif dot coza, If and when someone resigns and UIF say there is a break in UI19 submissions, you do it again.