Hi every one, I am new on this Forum as the articles seem to be more useful then on others forums I have encountered. There is an endless discussion about "Solar Installations" and who is responsible for what.
I am in the Solar business for nearly 20 years and what I am seeing of late is a flood of Solar Installers and all sorts of schemes such as the Green Card. We do many 3rd party inspections and it is often heir raising.
There is another phenomena that can be observed out there which is the incredible amount of "Distributors" - the question being, where do inexperienced solar installers or "fly by night's" if you wish get the equipment from? Should it not be the responsibility of a Distributor to make sure who he is selling to? ??? Have some kind of CV or reference or company registration???This would be a much easier point to control bad installation before they actually happen. In our experience it is just about selling and selling some more - most don not have a external service as we have - we try to help clients being ripped off by scrupulous installers. We have started our business some 20 years ago -simple inverters ( most stepped sine wave), PWM solar charger, VRLA batteries ....... but this has changed over the years and now one needs to be a cross breed between an installer, electrician an IT engineer to get these system working correctly. One also needs to be able to understand Chinglish as the instruction manuals are often not correct. At SIEMENS was a police which said "any equipment is only as good as the installation manual". I my opinion, this is right .... but then one needs to be able to understand the manual as well. But the point I like to make here is that the "controlling instances" yet again pick on the little guy who tries to make a living instead of helping them - I have tried to attach some pics, example of Cape Town COC and a Green Card Installation ... I am not sure if the pic's come outClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20230629-WA0001.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	8832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20230629-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	8833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20230505-WA0004.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	8834Click image for larger version.