Thread: Coc for commercial property.

Thanks

Coc for commercial property.

I have been requested to provide a coc for a section only of a commercial property. It is one building consisting of 3 shops and a bar each having their own db and the request is to provide a coc for the bar only. Will the issuing of such a coc be valid and legal ?

A new tenant is taking over the rental of the bar and is insisting, quite correctly, on a new coc being issuid for the bar before signing the lease agreement.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    I have been requested to provide a coc for a section only of a commercial property. It is one building consisting of 3 shops and a bar each having their own db and the request is to provide a coc for the bar only. Will the issuing of such a coc be valid and legal ?

A new tenant is taking over the rental of the bar and is insisting, quite correctly, on a new coc being issuid for the bar before signing the lease agreement.
    You will be doing a COC for 1 DB - Nothing wrong with that .
    The coc will not cover the complete building and you will note that it is for circuits fed from that particular DB

We do it like that all the time in shopping centres when people move in or move out

Thanks
    Thank you, brother.
    As you can probably tell, I haven't yet done a coc on shops.

Have a good day.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    The way we do it, the landlord issues an intial COC for the shop DB and the electrical items (fixture, DB, plug, lights etc) in the building, then tenant will get their electrican to issue and attach a supplimentary COC to the for any additional work done by the tenant.

I find the tenants are quick to shout out for a COC from the landlord, but when the landlord requests a supplimentary for all the additional work done by the tenant, thats where the fights starts
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    By now 2023, there should be a COC for the main building, including thermal test reports and even power quality test reports (PF and harmonics) for the main infrastructure electrical. Lamping out a building with LED lights and new Electrinic equipment can cause more problems than we are aware of. Installing low PF equipment creates eve bigger issue, LEd have improved significantly ove rthe years, however there are still low cost stuff being dumped here.

We use to do a lot of yearly thermal inspections in commercial and industrial buildings. The DOL and insurance companies will make sure the buildings are compliant. Something I might go back k to when I can no longer climb 6 m scaffolding or a ladder anymore.

By the way, it seems as you get older and move closer to a pensioner’s discount, standing on top of a long ladder becomes a bigger challenge. I was replacing lights in a factory the other day, got down and let the younger lads take over.
    Last edited by Isetech; 12-Sep-23 at 05:48 AM.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.