Thread: Resignation from CC: Impact wrt SARS versus CIPC - Bringing closure to resignation process

Thanks

Resignation from CC: Impact wrt SARS versus CIPC - Bringing closure to resignation process

Hello Forum Users.

I need advice on how to disconnect from a close corporation.
    I have informed CIPC of my resignation and within hours the CK2 was issued showing my status as resigned and I am no longer a Director.

The challenge I have is from the SARS point of view I am still the Public Officer of the CC.
    I contacted SARS and sent them the CK2 previously mentioned. But, they have not responded (yet).

The remaining 2 members are in no hurry to contact SARS so this can drag on.

I am the only one with SARS e-filing access, and hence have full control but one of the 2 members need to be added as a new user on the profile.
    Is there a deadline within which a new Public Office must be appointed? Can SARS intervene by contacting the 2 members directly in this regard?

How or what can I do to speed up this process to disconnect so that I can bring closure to my resignation and move forward (in life).

Thank you in advance.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Have a look at what infodocs have to say
    https://support.infodocs.co.za/en/ar...fficer-qtq7f2/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ensure that you have cancelled any sureties that you may have signed on behalf of the company. The fact that you have resigned does not immediately cancel you from any sureties that you are party to.
    This could be at the bank, creditors when accounts opened, rent, leases,etc. This is a slow long process, but if not done will bite you later when they pitch up at your door claiming outstanding amounts.
    Another point, if you have signed a surety, and there are amounts outstanding, it will require that the outstanding amounts paid before surety can be retracted, and the account closed. The remaining directors must open up a new account and provide the necessary sureties.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za