Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunsynk 10 year warranty

Gold Member
    Thanks
    So that means your first 3 which need to be done to become registered as far as I know means then you won't have warrety for those 3... Unless they changed it can to register you just need the requirements of I.E or M.I.E and Dol etc

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I don't really care right now, I am taking a break, until this SSEG registration with the councils is sorted out.

The shyte storm coming with SSEG registration and the fact that nobody wants to register their systems, I am going to rather just hold back for a couple of months.

As we know the customer is the responsible person, however if you read the solar test report you will notice a section which mentions the bylaws, by you as the installer attaching the document will make you as the installer liable for not making sure that the system is registered when you issue the COC.

When the council arrive at the customers gate to disconnect the supply, issue a fine for meter tampering, and request a COC for the disconnection of the customers solar installation, then you going to see how quickly installers start changing sim cards .
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Yes me too, I no longer install systems nor quote, when the SSEG comes in my plate will be full and I am not ready for it. More so I can do it but who is paying me for it. I have to foot bills or time I can then close as bankrupt. This solar thing is too kak

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Sunsynk are not singling out individuals but rather looking to ensure that the skills required reside in the company that is trying to register / re-register.
    The aim of this exercise is to introduce a level of vetting of the installer or installation
    company that is being advertised on our website, this is to protect not only the end user but also the installer and Sunsynk.
    Without the required and requested documents registration will not be approved. The attached letter refers to these documents, without the requested copies we cannot proceed. This info is a requirement expected from any company wanting to register with Sunsynk.
    Sunsynk requested this information as a protection to the end user, installer, and the industry as a whole. There have been far too many incidents reported and seen on social media where installation companies disappear or take no accountability when things go wrong, at least with this type of information we have some recourse if asked to assist. It also gives a measure of confidence in the said company that they are legitimate and compliant.

Not being registered with Sunsynk in no way affects the warranty of the inverter, or the ability of the installer to install or purchase our products, it just means that they will not be listed on our website. Warranties will always be place if registered and the installation is compliant and meets the warranty requirements, Sunsynk registration does not prevent or circumvent this.
    You are welcome to reregister with the required information.

Have a pleasant day further.

Last edited by Isetech; 13-Sep-23 at 01:05 AM.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    The previous post is part of the official response from Sunsynk.

My aplication was declined again , I couldnt be bothered wasting time doing it again. Apparently I have to do the whole proccess again, no thanks. I have more work than I can handle till the end of the year.

What is important, and all I really needed is written confirmation from Sunsynk, that it will not affect the 10 year warranty if Iam not a registered/approved/master installer.

Now I just need to get the supplier to put it in writting and we can start doing Sunsynk installtions again.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I got feedback from the supplier, not being registered as an installer with Sunsynk will not affect the suppliers product support.

As indicated in the email, the registration is just a formality and being used to distance themselves from small companies (bakkie brigades like myslef) and the Diyer, who were good enough for them, when they were trying unload product in SA 2 years ago.

What blows my mind is they dont even have formal training or any form of legit training certification for the product.

I suppose the use of words like registered/approved/master has nothing to do with being certified. Please free to share if you are aware of any "approved training".

I am going to say this again, doing something 50 times or 1000 times doesnt make it right, its just means you can do the same thing over and over and over again, we all know about that
    Last edited by Isetech; 13-Sep-23 at 05:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12