Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considerations when choosing a solar system

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    You have to take into consideration the manufacturers specs (spaces and stuff) which are clearly noted in the installer manual and the inverter. Then you also have to look at the cooling system. if it is a 5 kw Sunsynk for example it not the samartest thing to mount the trunking,battery isolator and battery directly below the inverter, why you ask, because as we have discussed in otehr threads, the heat sink on the back of the creates a suction up the back of the unit through the fins. \

Then if you look at the unit in the video which looks like an 8 kw Sunsynk, the fans are on the left hand side pulling the air through the back of the unit out the right hand side, then you have to consider the fridge and the heat generated at the back of the fridge, it just looks like ther was much thought put into the location of both the battery and the inverter, but hey what do I know I cant even register as a Sunsynk installer.

I would be interested to hear if the installer is approved and attached the pics of the installation to his supplier and Sunsynk to verify the warranty will be valid. Let us know.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Thanks
    I have spoken to Colyn and yes, hi's electrician is Sunsynk approved, so all hunky dory there for him.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Dont forget summer is coming and a lot of these installations have only been completed in the cooler months, Febuary next year with the new record high tempertures are going to prove to be a challenge for some of these installations. Lets wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    I have spoken to Colyn and yes, hi's electrician is Sunsynk approved, so all hunky dory there for him.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post

Another issue people are experiencing at the moment, they were approved and completed a number of installations already, however Sunsynk moved the goal post, you now you have to re-register, I gave up after 35 attemps to reregister, opened a ticket, which is now closed and still not approved.

If you look at the approved installers listed, they have dropped by tens of thousands. This is going to create a huge problem for people like myself who cannot register, I have basically dropped my customers in the crapper
    Spoke to a legal person regarding this and according to him, as long as you were registered at the time the installations were done, they cannot legally use the fact that you are not presently registered as a valid reason not to honour any warranties. ( They will probably find some other reason )

It's the same as, should you for some reason not renew your DOL registration, it doesn't mean that all the COC's you issued while you were registered are now null and void.

It will be interesting to see the outcome should something like this go to court.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I tried the honest way to register, after 50 attempts and fails I decided to do what it takes to get registered, now that I have figured out a way to do it, lets see if it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12