Thread: Sunsynk product warranty and pricing in SA

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Post Sunsynk product warranty and pricing in SA

This is going to be a game changer, warranties and approved installers. There is a positive side to this new installer registration process, you can now buy Sunsynk products at more relistic prices, even with the exchange rate at R19.05 to the dollar.

A 5 kw Sunsynk inverter is going for under R 20 000 and 5 kwh batteries for under R28 000 and the price is literally dropping by the day. the last time I saw Sunsynk products prices this low was in July last year, before stage 6 load shedding started. I wouldnt rush out and buy right now, the longer the products sit on the shelves the more specials you will see popping up. If you google search prices, you will see people still trying to unload 5 kw units for R25 000, I suppose if you still sitting with stock at the old prices you have to try cut your losses.

If you visited the approved installer list 4 months ago, you would have noticed there was one in every suburb in SA, since Sunsynk have revised their approved installer application, you will notice a massive drop (we talking 10s of thousands) So what is the big deal, well if you have a Sunsynk system installed on your property and it is not installed by an appoved installer, you cant register the warranty and it could mean they will not honour your 10 year warranty. One of the criteria for your registration is that it was installed by an approved installer.

People thought the rumour about paying R1500 per month for a SSEG install was just a rumour, well I have some bad news for you, as you would have seen in other posts I have been doing my home work with regards to registering an SSEG. You will be put on a net billing rate and you will be paying a monthly fee determened by the size of your inverter.

Right now a 3.5 kw inverter with a 7 kw MPPT (not sold in SA) and a 5 kwh battery sounds like a wise choice.

A couple of months ago, when we were in the thick of the load shedding crisis, with limited choice, Sunsynk would have been one of the limited options available, however now one has to look around at the many options available.

Things like the price and concerns that Sunsynk could move the goal posts at anytime should be a concern when investing a lot of money. Lets hope they honour warranty claims for customers who purchased systems prior to this change.
    Last edited by Isetech; 18-Aug-23 at 05:05 AM.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.