Thread: Earth electrodes

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Earth electrodes

Certainly not one of my strengths, at the rate we are installing solar/inverter/battery systems, what I see coming soon, best I learn quickly. So you know what am doing this weekend .

I am sure everyone doing solar installs, already have a copy of SANS 1063 AND 10199.

6.12.2 Earth electrodesAn earth electrode might be required for purposes such as antennas and surge protection devices. Earth electrodes shall comply with the requirements of SANS 1063 and shall be installed in accordance with SANS 10199.

NOTE An earth electrode may have to be protected against electrolytic corrosion caused by stray currents, for example, from electrified railway lines.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Where I live we have a TN-S system earthing, we dont have an earth spike in the ground anywhere on our property.

J.2.2 TN-S system earthing The protective conductor (PE), which is connected to the source earth, is either a separate conductor or the armour of the cable if the resistance of the armouring is such that the earth fault loop impedance complies with the requirements of 8.6.5. All exposed conductive parts of a consumer's installation are connected to this protective conductor via the supply earth terminal. NOTE This is one of the preferred methods of low-voltage system earthing. Figure J.2.2 — TN-S system earthing Separate neutral and protective conductors throughout the system earthing
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.