Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question regarding single phase electrical wiring of premises

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Howler View Post
    So just to verify

the exposed ends of the neutral that is exposed from the white casing, needs to be marked black (heatshrink or tape) at both ends of the cabtyre?
    Yes.

Reg 6.3.3.2 (1) A neutral conductor shall be identified by black only.

Thanks
    Good day Gents.

Herewith the arrogant reply of the offending electrician.

Apologies for the Afrikaans. I would loathe to read this again, nevermind translate this.

I guess i have no option but to report this individual to the ECA , and hope they deal with him accordingly.

Goeie naand Almal,

Dit wil vir my voorkom asof xxxx maar net besig is om ander besig te hou met allerhande verslaggies ens.en dat sy nie werklik weet waaroor sy graag wil kla nie

Ek wil op rekord plaas dat ek n Meester Installasie Elektrisien is en ook n lid van ECASA, dan is ek ook n Elektrotegniese Ingeneur en n lid van Die "Engineering Councill of South Africa.

Dit sal dus nie werk om met boelie tegnieke by my te kom nie, Ek ken die wet asook die elektriese regulasie en SANS 10142-1" en veele ander SANS regulasies.
    Hoekom noem jy nie die hoog geplaaste van ECSA se naam nie, dan kommunikeer ek sommer direk met hom

Julle moet net onthou dat jy nie net na een of twee paragrawe in die regulasies kan kyk nie.

Ek heg graag n paar regulasie aan, en as iemand n teenstelling het laat hom of haar hulself identifiseer, met hul kwalifikasies want ons is nou besig om te reageer oor dinge wat sy gehoor het. Jy kan nie in n hof gaan staan met dinge wat jy gehoor het nie, en dan wil maak asof dit feite is nie

Ek wil ook se dat toe xxxxx my eendag geskakel het het hy sommer begin deur te vertel dat hy nie weet met wie hy praat nie, hy het my ook sommer drek aangeval soos jy nou maak en daarom stel ek nie belang in jul stories nie

Daar staan nerens in die regulasie dat n afskrif van die oorspronklike COC saam met my COC ingedien moet word nie, slegs die nommer en datum van oorspronklike COC moet ingevul word, ek het die COC gesien en is seker dat Marelise vir jou n afskrif sal gee om jou te pamperlang

Marelise tree op as n professioneele Prokureer en met enige elektrisiteits raad adviseer ek haar in my hoedanigheid as n elektriese ingeneur en kan jy glad nie iemand dwing om te doen wat nie nodig is om te doen nie.

Ek stel voor as jy nog nie tevrede is nie, om my hof toe te neem.

Ek gaan jou ook nie verder akkommodeer met allerhande eposte van jou af nie en ook geen meer korrespondensie van my af nie.
    Ek het geteken dat "I deem the installation to be reasonably safe when properly used

en ek staan daarby.

Beste groete,

kb
    Last edited by Dave A; 11-Jul-23 at 08:14 AM. Reason: tidy up ruler line issue

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Anyone looking to buy a property, read this carefully, this is why I keep telling my customers to have the installation checked prior to signing the transfer document, once you sign that document, you are on your own.

the response from a certain Association............that i will not name here. I find this absurd.

Good Day,

We need to distinguish between:

the certification of the existing installation as it stands as not being hazardous, per the CoC, and
    how the installations should ideally have been done whenever it was, and best practice and how we would like it done or would do it better today.

The person who did the CoC did it in terms of the first and is not responsible for the latter, unless it transgresses the first.

We would recommend that you firstly determine

the cost of what should have been done in terms of legislation, and
    then of what you would like, and
    then decide based on that who is responsible for that,
    and how to deal with it.

We have found that mostly the cost of legally required corrective action is minimal compared to the cost and trauma of legal action.

That said, personally I would simply fix what needs to be done and if the cost is significant, try recover from previous owner.

Remember that your legal recourse remains with the previous owner in terms of you purchase agreement.

You have no dealings/contract with the person who did the CoC, he worked for the previous owner who appointed and paid him.

He then has to address the electrician in terms of their contract.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

4. Thanks given for this post:

Howler (11-Jul-23)

Thanks
    Well, one thing is clear. He is not interested in making good.

One would have expected a more professional approach from someone with his qualifications and membership of the organizations he refers to.

With your photographic evidence and a copy of the interaction you have had with members of this forum, who are all suitably qualified to voice their opinion, you should get some form of assistance from the ECA, but bare in mind that all organizations, irrespective of which one, have their members best interests at heart, so it won't be a walk in the park.

It might just be worth your while to get someone else to rectify the faults, issue a valid COC, so that you have the peace of heart you need.

Good luck.

6. Thanks given for this post:

Howler (11-Jul-23)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Daar staan nerens in die regulasie dat n afskrif van die oorspronklike COC saam met my COC ingedien moet word nie, slegs die nommer en datum van oorspronklike COC moet ingevul word
    Which wasn't done in the COC shown earlier

I guess i have no option but to report this individual to the ECA , and hope they deal with him accordingly.
    Please do. Based on what you sent me, "kb" will need to get off his high horse, climb a ladder to get into the roof void, and start apologising...

8. Thanks given for this post:

Howler (11-Jul-23)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Which wasn't done in the COC shown earlier

Please do. Based on what you sent me, "kb" will need to get off his high horse, climb a ladder to get into the roof void, and start apologising...

Hey Gents

Together with his interesting reply.... he has provided certain Sans guidelines to support his claims.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans R.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	8782  

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    He is referring to regulations on the fixing of cables in a roof space and we discussing a joint which the regulations posted higher up in the thread clearly state , prevent strain

Report it to ECA offices , lets see if he is actually a member , and then let us know what the reply is , I am interested to see what process they follow and the results

11. Thanks given for this post:

Howler (11-Jul-23)

Thanks
    Seems like one of those who refer to the attic as an enclosure and hi's ladder is the tool he uses to open it.

13. Thanks given for this post:

Howler (11-Jul-23)

Thanks
    Hey gents,passed along all the info related to the COC to a ECA gent, that was referred to me.

Thx to all who contribute!!! I will keep you posted!

ps. I have yet to post on this forum regarding the COC this individual has done on the Electric fencing.

This fence also barely works, and there are some glaring shortcomings with safety standards etc.

Thinking of starting a thread on it asap. Haven't sent this to him as yet, I am waiting for the company to fix the address they listed incorrectly.

It is so hard to get good help these days.

Present company excluded!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    Seems like one of those who refer to the attic as an enclosure and hi's ladder is the tool he uses to open it.
    This is actually quite hilarious.

Hope this is sarcasm or some such, and this was not some electrician's actual defense.!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast