Thread: Sage Cloud Accounting

Thanks

Sage Cloud Accounting

Hi All,

I am new on sage accounting and have managed to get myself up and going but have one issue that sage has not been able to help with.

In my business i almost always take a deposit. When the deposit is paid i make an invoice and allocate the amount to that invoice. If i look at the invoice list it shows the amount outstanding

eg: quote was R 25000.00 the deposit was R5000.00 the outstanding amount will be R20000.00

If i now go to send the invoice to the customer it still shows R25000.00

Is there a way to add a deposit field into sage? The help desk has told me there isn't. They told me i need to create an invoice template using custom layout design, but i still cant find a way to add a deposit field.

Can i download a template that might work. Please can someone recommend a solution or a site that i can download an invoice template.

Thanks
    In Sage Cloud Accounting, you're facing an issue where the invoice amount shown to the customer does not reflect the deposit that has been paid. The help desk has informed you that Sage does not have a built-in deposit field, but you can create a custom invoice template to address this.

To create a custom invoice template in Sage, you can follow these steps:

Go to the Settings or Configuration section in Sage Cloud Accounting.
    Look for the option to manage invoice templates or custom layouts.
    Select the option to create a new template or modify an existing one.
    In the template editor, you'll be able to customize the layout and content of the invoice.
    To add a deposit field, you can insert a new field or text box in the template design.
    Label the field as "Deposit" or any other appropriate term.
    Link the field to the corresponding data field that holds the deposit amount.
    Save the custom template.

Once you have created the custom invoice template with the deposit field, you can use it when sending invoices to your customers. The deposit amount will now be included on the invoice, and the outstanding balance will be correctly calculated.

If you're looking for pre-designed invoice templates that include a deposit field, you can search for websites or platforms that offer free or paid templates compatible with Sage Cloud Accounting. These templates are often customizable, allowing you to add the deposit field as needed. Some popular websites for downloading invoice templates are Microsoft Office Templates, Invoice Home, and Zoho Invoice.

Remember to choose a template that suits your business requirements and ensure compatibility with Sage Cloud Accounting.