Thread: Error #3138 SARS e@syfiling

Thanks

Error #3138 SARS e@syfiling

Good morning,
    Can anyone assist with the following:

e@syFile has detected that your encrypted login credentials are corrupt and need to be regenerated. Click 'OK' to continue

After clicking ‘OK’ and going to Utilities and trying to restore a backup, I get an error #3138 message

Kind regards

Bill

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Andre View Post
    Good morning,

e@syFile has detected that your encrypted login credentials are corrupt and need to be regenerated. Click 'OK' to continue

After clicking ‘OK’ and going to Utilities and trying to restore a backup, I get an error #3138 message

Kind regards

Bill
    This appears to be a scam. The email address is not correct. Scammers use false emails that look like the real thing. They try to get you to click on a link that will allow them into your computer. Block this scammer and you will notice that there may even be another email behind this one. It is often sent to multiple recipients, which should be a warning in itself.

Always check from where the email was sent before even reading the contents.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

3. Thanks given for this post:

Andromeda (27-Apr-23)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Andre View Post
    Good morning,

Kind regards

Bill
    Hi Bill
    I'm not sure if you have managed to find a solution to this problem. I have had this same problem and this is how I have managed to get around it.

Close the easyfile employer program. In your search bar, type %appdata% and open up the 'appdata' folder. Open the 'easyfileemployer' folder, then open the 'Local Store' folder. Here you will select and delete the 'key.txt' and 'Ll.txt' documents. Then go into the 'DoNotDelete' folder and delete those 2 files as well, 'key.txt' and 'Ll.txt'. This will delete your current login. Open the easyfile employer program and you will be able to set a new password for ADMIN as well as 2 users (make sure you set 1 user as your previous login with the same password.)

I hope this helps, but I'm sure there will be more problems easyfile might throw our way in future. It's such a freaking nightmare to use at time!!!

5. Thanks given for this post:

Bill Andre (30-May-23)