Thread: Solar systems and warranty claims

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Solar systems and warranty claims

I would like to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Copied and pasted frrom the herholdts group
    https://www.facebook.com/Herholdtsgroup

" No stock and don't take responsibility on any repairs or warranty claims. Sent a 12kva unit back under warranty and the inverter was not even 30days old after invoice an Herholdt's claim that we have to deal with Sunsynk directly even though it was purchased from Herholdt's. If you want us to deal with Sunsynk directly in this case why are we not allowed to buy directly from Sunsynk. After all you claim to have no after service responsibility on this product."

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Have heard from others , that , that is the way they operate

I only purchase from 1 supplier and they have there own support system in place.
    Had a problem with a battery that was supplied by them 2 years prior - Long story short - Was a clients parents next door neighbor with onset of Alzheimer's .The installer that did original install had supposedly emigrated
    Took the battery into there repair center , they deemed it BER and a credit was passed and new discounted battery supplied .

Customer was happy , as a Contractor we looked good which being in PE , word of mouth is the best form of marketing

Thanks
    Leaving this here for information purposes, because warranties and quick replacement/repair on solar equipment, trust me, are crucial. Read, gets VERY personal.

There is a brand out there that has a 5-year warranty on all their products, the same as most others.

However, their BIG difference, a HUGE one at that, the warranty follows the product, not the 1st buyer.
    And no need for the original invoice either, just need the item in hand, be that batts, inverters, MPPT's ... any part they sell.
    And it can be taken to any outlet for warranty replacement/repairs, anywhere in the world.

Cause as I've learned, when you need help, o my, it is always during LS when stuff breaks.

Thanks
    Adding to the above post.

A person installs a solar system in their home. The house value increases by Rx thousands.
    Later they sell the house, the sales price now having increased due to the solar system, by, one hopes, the depreciated cost of the solar system, not the replacement cost.

I won't buy the solar system, or at least wil take it over at a very reduced cost.

Why?

For the new owner, there is no warranty on the solar system, that one could be paying a premium for, not on the inverter, batts not the panels, no matter that still has a warranty period left for the original buyer.

Unless the equipment warranty can carry over, that is.

Something to make very sure of when buying a house with a solar system already installed.

Not to forget to check that it was installed correctly with a proper CoC ... by an Installation/Master Electrician.

My 2 cents.