Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DOL registered person woes

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    As an aside, I had great service from ECA(SA) with my Annexure 3 contractors registration - one week and Amp Electrical (Pty) Ltd is a registered contractor!

2. Thanks given for this post:

Dylboy (14-Jul-23)

Thanks
    Evening all - Abrie Landman Inc has an update - we have already successfully assisted two clients within a short period of time. Both received their cards. Ig anyone needs assistance, we encourage you to give our offices a call on 082 979 6766 / email us on law@abrielandman.co.za

Silver Member
    Thanks
    In some counties the renewal process is automated, and everything is done through a web interface, including payments. I know it won't happen in South Africa soon.

One can dream though.
    I had done my payments and submitted annexure 3 with all the documents and had not received notice that they had received it.

Why bother to renew
    Can't we just go on working without renewal and when we run into trouble blame them for not renewing?

Thanks
    Hi, I decided to register again after a long absence, I have done the registration myself because I was not a member of any of the contractors associations it was quite a struggle. It seems information is not easily shared as it will not benefit job creation or I guess the associations. I managed to get an e-mail address after lots of phoning around and eventually got a address for katlego.stanley@labour.gov.za he was extremely helpful just get all documents in order and payment done otherwise it will take longer. I noticed they do not normally respond during office hours but after hours or on weekends, maybe their systems are clogged with mails. So give it a few days. I got my registration in 1week. Thanks to Stanley, excellent help and feedback from him. Hope this info help a struggling electrician somewhere.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifrug View Post
    Hi, I decided to register again after a long absence, I have done the registration myself because I was not a member of any of the contractors associations it was quite a struggle. It seems information is not easily shared as it will not benefit job creation or I guess the associations. I managed to get an e-mail address after lots of phoning around and eventually got a address for katlego.stanley@labour.gov.za he was extremely helpful just get all documents in order and payment done otherwise it will take longer. I noticed they do not normally respond during office hours but after hours or on weekends, maybe their systems are clogged with mails. So give it a few days. I got my registration in 1week. Thanks to Stanley, excellent help and feedback from him. Hope this info help a struggling electrician somewhere.
    Here in East London, I renewed via email, no problem.
    Just sent the necessary docs and proof of payment and received a copy of my new certificate same day.
    A week later, the original arrived in my postbox. ( world record )

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    A week later, the original arrived in my postbox. ( world record )
    You mean your post actually works?
    My post box has not had mail for over a year now. Service non existent.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Good day, maybe this list might be able to help somebody with registration
    Department of Labour Contact Detail - Gau, FS, & EC.pdf

DOL Kimberley is as dead as roadkill.
    No response, hundreds of e-mails, whattsapp and calls nothing, not even a confirmation of payment or confirmation that they received my e-mail with all the documents required.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    IF they dont respond, then why waste time registering, if they dont answer calls, respond to emails, then nobody can report you to them

Like the compensation fund. I sent emails, tried calling them, no response, so I just use the old number and mark pending, its been nearly 8 years, a week ago I got an email informing me that I owe them R260, my first thought was it must be spam.

SARS on the other hand, they seem to be on top of their game at the moment, sent in documentation a week ago, I am already getting final notices... eeeeish.

Quote Originally Posted by Thys LOW Elektries View Post
    Good day, maybe this list might be able to help somebody with registration
    Department of Labour Contact Detail - Gau, FS, & EC.pdf

DOL Kimberley is as dead as roadkill.
    No response, hundreds of e-mails, whattsapp and calls nothing, not even a confirmation of payment or confirmation that they received my e-mail with all the documents required.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    For the guys having trouble with registration in Kimberley as an Electrician or with the renewal of your Annexure 3
    Please contact Mr. Nokwanda Yawa at 082 563 4385 or email him at Nokwanda.Yawa@labour.gov.za he is the chief inspector at Kimberley.
    I mass-mailed about 20 DOL e-mails on Sunday, yesterday he phoned me and promised to look into the matter.
    Today my letter of registration was in my inbox, after struggling for more than a month, great service Mr. Yawa, I guess that is why you is the Chief Inspector.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Another e-mail in Kimberley is: Mphumzi.Dyulete@labour.gov.za and simthembile.nqagwana@labour.gov.za they are the people working with the day to day applications

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast