Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DOL registered person woes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Good day,

I've been reading this Thread and its got me worried. I sent all the relevant documentation to DOL and sent emails to the guys up there as told to me by TDMI (where I did my unit standards). Todani came back to me and requested a couple of things which I did send to him. I inquired to him a couple of times as to how far he is in the process but he hasn't come back to me for 6 weeks now... Its been almost 8 months since I applied. I also emailed Pieter to ask if Todani is still there or if he can maybe help me, but nothing. Pieter helped a friend of mine very quickly so I was hoping he can do the same for me. I also tried emailing Jacob, Tebogo, Todani and Pieter all at the same time but no response. I was hoping one of you can maybe point to what I can try next? Thank you.

Thanks
    I finally got my card this week after waiting 51 weeks exactly. Now I need to get my electrical contractors number. I stay in Johannesburg. Does anyone know who and where I send all my documentation to?

Sent from my SM-A336E using Tapatalk

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madscot View Post
    I finally got my card this week after waiting 51 weeks exactly. Now I need to get my electrical contractors number. I stay in Johannesburg. Does anyone know who and where I send all my documentation to?

Well done man! Sorry it took so long wow!

Call ECASA, the head office of JHB office, they will email you the form, email them back direct once done and they sorted it all for me quick quick.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madscot View Post

Like is said above - Get ECASA to do it - small fee, even if not a memeber i believe to save yourself of standing in the smelly room that is DOL.

Yu know the stupid thing with this that when you get your "wiremans license" - its a laminated piece of card with your number and pic stuck on it in the style of a 4 year old making a collage out of paper scraps. When ever customer asks to see it (rare) i make sure I have the official letter with it as looks like something my neice put together at playschool.

Thanks
    Us old toppies have yellow books. 😂😂😂

Thanks
    Thanks, guys. I'll give ECASA a phone call later on.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    In some counties the renewal process is automated, and everything is done through a web interface, including payments. I know it won't happen in South Africa soon.

One can dream though.
    I had done my payments and submitted annexure 3 with all the documents and had not received notice that they had received it.

Why bother to renew
    Can't we just go on working without renewal and when we run into trouble blame them for not renewing?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Good day, maybe this list might be able to help somebody with registration
    Department of Labour Contact Detail - Gau, FS, & EC.pdf

DOL Kimberley is as dead as roadkill.
    No response, hundreds of e-mails, whattsapp and calls nothing, not even a confirmation of payment or confirmation that they received my e-mail with all the documents required.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    IF they dont respond, then why waste time registering, if they dont answer calls, respond to emails, then nobody can report you to them

Like the compensation fund. I sent emails, tried calling them, no response, so I just use the old number and mark pending, its been nearly 8 years, a week ago I got an email informing me that I owe them R260, my first thought was it must be spam.

SARS on the other hand, they seem to be on top of their game at the moment, sent in documentation a week ago, I am already getting final notices... eeeeish.

Quote Originally Posted by Thys LOW Elektries View Post
    Good day, maybe this list might be able to help somebody with registration
    Department of Labour Contact Detail - Gau, FS, & EC.pdf

DOL Kimberley is as dead as roadkill.
    No response, hundreds of e-mails, whattsapp and calls nothing, not even a confirmation of payment or confirmation that they received my e-mail with all the documents required.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Another e-mail in Kimberley is: Mphumzi.Dyulete@labour.gov.za and simthembile.nqagwana@labour.gov.za they are the people working with the day to day applications

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast