Thread: Office for windows

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Office for windows

Any suggestions?

The laptop I am currently using has 356 paid per year.

I want to get a lifetime version or maybe just use the office pro 2010 I have on the other laptops. They work fine if you can tolerate the update messages ever 3 minutes

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    365 works well if you have more devices that you want to link.
    You nay buy the disk but it will cost you the same as 4 or 5 year's 365 subscription.
    You can only load the disk onto one device which is a bummer if you use more than one.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

3. Thanks given for this post:

Isetech (13-Dec-22)

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I understand LibreOffice will run on windows. It's license free and looks and feels exactly like Office. It will open office files like .docx and .xls and save as as well.

I run LibreOffice on my ancient Linux Mint desktop.

Only reason I have Windows on my laptop is some of the design apps I use only unfortunately work on Windows

5. Thank given for this post:

Blurock (19-Dec-22), Isetech (18-Dec-22)

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    So I decided to bite the bulet and spent the R999 on the yearly subscription, and as you all know, ever since, ever ad on every social media platfrom, now has better deals.

Why did I waste R999 on a yearly subscription when i could have paid as little as R165 for a liftime 365 subscription or R365 for a lifetime subscription.

So we paid for a R165 lifetime sub,. loaded it onto another laptop ans it works fine, while we where about it we loaded windows 10 for a silly R250 for a licensed version.

It also works, so what is the catch?
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I have been watching all the videos to try understand how microsoft 365 is going create some sort of ROI for me and the bussiness.

The interesting part is as I enter this chapter of my journey, I noticed that my youtube experience has become a bit of a dead end, due to adblocker. I only watch youtube on my laptop because it had ad blocker which made the youtube expereince a pleasant one, however you cannot log onot youtube anymore if you use adblocker. I no longer need adblocker, so I removed it from the laptop, I am sure there is stuff going on in the backround which by signing and ticking the T&C's give them a lot more access to your data on the device, or whatever it is they doing.

Which brings me to the forum SA expereince, by removing the adblocker it has also turned this froum into a really bad experience, when you uahve more adverts on a page than content, it become a bad experience.

It time for some adjustments, that dont cloud my experience with adverts.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I have been a Libre Office user for many years. Never really had any issues.

Microsoft has never presented anything to me that LIbre didn't, and if I could do it on Libre I would do it on Google Sheets or Docs.

But now they have taken the game up a notch with AI added in much better tools for design in PowerPoint. I don't think Libre can do that, Google may. So I'm sitting and watching I suspect we will have to get the office too soon.

Will have to try and trick them into giving me a deal like they did with OP.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I have decided to step up my game and going to be doing a lot of upgrades from this month. I need to prepare for my new offfice space (away from home) the key being absolute minilistic approach, no more office with desks and filing cabinets and stationery cupboards. A piece of wood against the wall with a screen, printer and network cable, thats it. the bussiness will be completely mobile. Where every I am will be my office, on site or a coffee shop just down the road. I will have a delivery address where things can be delivered and collected. My old office at home is going to be stripped and the clutter will be sold or dumped.

The old workshop at home is going to be stripped and sold or dumped. We are busy designing trailers for tools and euipment, they will be mobile workshops with all the essentials to do our work.

Time to get excited about the business again, 33 year sis a long time to just keep at the same grind. YOu will start seeing a whole lot of new users popping up o nthis platform as we expand our operation, instead wasting time posting stuff with no value for the bussiness, I am going to start pushing the productand services on this platform. I think I have earned my space here.