Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets do it right and register our solar installtion.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Platinum Member
    Thanks

Lets do it right and register our solar installtion.

That is were the fun begins and ends, it seems unless you have a "contact" you going to sit for hours in frustration, trying to contact a person in the right department.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hahaha I am looking into this now and stopped quoting solar.

NERSA have a word doc I found and then I need to find out the network support and get an approval letter...

Also the NERSA site I can't fint the document tab per say I have to google the form.

I have no idea of costs... Who the network supplier is for most people and who to even contact there.

Nevermind how long all this takes and the costs....

So let's say I do a quote and it's accepted... How long till all this stuff is sorted before I can install. The client would want there money back and go to the next oke...

I don't know where to begin and it's frustrating...

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Gold Member
    Thanks
    All these training facilities... Do they teach you this and how to actually do it and who all to contact with time lines and costs!?

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Call me uninformed, or ignorant but what registration are you referring too???
    We do plenty installations locally and don't register a thing, only the gridtied systems we register, have inspected and signed off by our local Town Council
    Being in Orania have certain drawbacks and certain advantages.
    One drawback is being not always informed on the right procedures and the right way of doing things.

Greetings

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Not sure if this will help https://maroelamedia.co.za/nuus/sa-n...-eskom-krisis/ In this article they state that Solidariteit had started a helpline for people that want to get a permit to generate power via solar??

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    How can we improve relations with the councils, simple create a platform for contracotrs to deal with them.

Use an email address that works.

Tried all sorts of this things weekend, all the emails bounced (undelivered)

Anyone have the correct email address or contact details to register an SSEG?

Its is so frustrating dealing with Ethekwini, then they post incorrect deatils, ifr they want people to register an SSEG, maybe they should share the correct deatails and repsond to emails sent to their info email address

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post
    How can we improve relations with the councils, simple create a platform for contracotrs to deal with them.

Use an email address that works.

Tried all sorts of this things weekend, all the emails bounced (undelivered)

Anyone have the correct email address or contact details to register an SSEG?

Its is so frustrating dealing with Ethekwini, then they post incorrect deatils, ifr they want people to register an SSEG, maybe they should share the correct deatails and repsond to emails sent to their info email address
    Did you ever send the mail in this post that you spoke of and get membership - If so , ask the committee to make contact and get a representative from Council out to speak at a members meeting
    Always helps when a collective makes the request

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Sent the email, still no response.

Quote Originally Posted by GCE View Post
    Did you ever send the mail in this post that you spoke of and get membership - If so , ask the committee to make contact and get a representative from Council out to speak at a members meeting
    Always helps when a collective makes the request

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    19/07/2023 and still nothing from Ethekwini, the emails still bouncing.

Anyone managed to register a domestic SSEG with Ethekwini yet?
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    The emails just keeps bouncing, tried sending emails to to otehr addresses, no response. Like everything in the electrical industry, you can only smile and shake your head. The problem is going to become a reality when they start sending huge fines for not registering, what do we do. Maybe contact Carte Blanche or the radio station.

The feedabck I am getting is that they dont reduce your bill they just keep sending estimates for the same amount. they not loosing anything, at the end of the day only the customer and maybe the installer is going to loose. they going to have to find more money to pay fines, levies, fees and everything erlse that is going to be loaded to recover losses, maybe even disconnections.

What people dont realise its like taxes, they never go away, the interest just grows, the metros are going to recover "all" their losses from the suburbs, we just dont know how yet, and nobody can answer the question.

There is going to be a lot of money exchanging hands soon. I think the smile many solar customers are enjoying at the moment is going to be short lived and its going to turn toanger and and frustration.

How is it going to impact you as an installer, some are smiling with a few hundred installs, just imagine the fines, this is where being a hit and run installer might not be such a bad thing .
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast