I have tried and tested many many lights for site work, todate I have only found one light that I would recommend, its could do with some improvements.

I am sure you all know by now which light I would recommend - The magneto, you can find then cheaper if you look around, just dont mix up the R129 one with this one below.

https://www.game.co.za/DIY/Lighting/...hoCn5EQAvD_BwE

Pro's

1/ Backup time, it last the entire day on site.

2/ 2 brightness settings, to save battery power.

3/ Bright enough for site work, especially in the roof space.

4/ Compact enough to go in the tool bag.

5/ No magnet to stick it to the DB door or inside the DB.

Cons

1/ Battery lifespan, it only last about a year, then you need to replace the battery, you can buy replacement batteries for about R120.

2/ Battery fails if left for an extended period of time.

If this light had a lithium battery I would invest in one for each room in my house and another 6 for site work. I have thought of making up my own lithium back.

I am busy making up a site lights and home backup lights, using the 7 amp lithium battery and 12 volt strip lights. I need to find affrdable lithium battery packs with a PCB to charge the battery and under voltage and polarity protection.

If I can get that right I have a winner which will replace the magneto light. The price is not the concern, I want something to last, not fail if left for a couple of months.