I have just received a copy of a COC from a customer who purchased a house recently.

Annexure 1 ... filled in correctly and initial COC ticked

Turn over the page.

Test report for DB/supply blank

Additional pages yes number - 1 ... no additional pages attached

short circuit/withstand rating 3 ka ... sounds ok but we will get to why it incorrect.

then we get to section 3 on the test report and not the "additional test report"

Description .... written in pen SUB DB ONLY ... how do you issue an initial COC for the sale of a property with only a sub DB?

I will have to wait for the additional page to verify if it is for the main DB.

Section 4

All protective devices are capable of withstanding the prospective fault level .. .ticked yes

Tests - Prospective short circuit at the main switch (PSCC) ka - 3 KA ticked as calculated

So what is the issue ... all the circuit breakers are old Heinemann breakers rated at 2.5 ka ... the new din type breakers are rated at 3 ka (and higher but in case we dont need to know that) ... so straight away I ask myself ... is the inspector aware of this or did he even bother going to site ... the first thing you notice as you open the main DB.

then you start going through the test results and see the standard numbers used ... like the elevated neutral to earth voltage zero ... 25 mA for the earth leakage ... 230 V for the voltage ... 0.2 for earth continuity.

Do I even waste my time opening a job card and visiting the site or do I just reply with the contact details for the AIA ?