Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South African Omicron

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks

South African Omicron

For the first time since the start of Covid ... we have a positive case in our house ... my wife has tested positive and is not doing so well but also not to a point that she requires hospitalisation ... she has been double jabbed a couple months ago and dragged me along with her ... my daughter has not been jabbed ... I did seek advice from a highly recommended doctor and followed up on the advice and will be contacting the doctor again today.

it seems everyone I have contacted has already had cases.

I have lost family and friends and now that it is on my doorstep ... it just seems so real ... just gonna take a day at a time and deal with it.

I have been following this fella ... to understand what is going on ... he breaks it down in simple terms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOe...r.JohnCampbell
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

2. Thanks given for this post:

Edw1605 (27-Dec-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We just taking it a day at a time ... still in isolation ... perfect opportunity to catch up with the new regs and stuff ... doing a lot of reading.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Ian
    Sorry to hear about your wife, hopefully she will recover quickly.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

5. Thanks given for this post:

ians (17-Dec-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Yes I have had the double jab ... my wife is doing much better (also double jabbed) ... my daughter is still battling along (no jab) but is looking much better today ... I have contacted the doctor on numerous occassions this week ... his response is still the same ... no jab for her ... he indicated that she would show mild symptoms and as expected she has been coughing ... which is my biggest concern due to her chronic illness.

I had no signs of anything until thursday ... I started experiencing hectic pain in my lower back ... started drinking litres of water and pissing like a race horse all day and night ... felt better on Friday morning however I woke up with a sore throat ... This morning at around 2 am I woke up with a hectic headache ... finally had a pill at around 8 am ( I hate taking any form of medical) ... now I am doing some low level flying

This is normally the busiest time of year for me ... I am getting lots of calls for work ... people understand that I have chosen not to leave my house ... for their safety.

I have had a lot of time to think these past few days ... and been watching a lot of youtube videos about the virus and side effects etc ... at the end of the day it is your choice ... do what you feel is the right thing to do ... because as in my daughters case I am responsible for her safety ... I am not a doctor or scientist ... so I have to rely on a doctor I have trusted with both my daughter lives in the past ... on both occasions he made the right choice ... he understands her chronic illnesses and every other medical issue she has experienced since birth ... if he tells me it is time for her to go for the jab ... she will go the jab ... for now ... no jab.

It is a bit scary watching your family when they are sick ... I have sat in ICU and watched both my daughters get to the point that the doctors have informed me to prepare myself for what might happen ... those days seem like a life time.

For now ... we are here and that is all that matters ... taking one day at a time.

Respect each other decisions ... do what you feel is right.

7. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (20-Dec-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    A question : if I am still not showing symptoms and had the double jab ... how long do I have to isolate ?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We have many friends and family that move about internationally - I am not going to list the number of people that we know that have become sick, have gotten stuck in various countries across the world or have had their friends or family die from the virus.

Hell, even my worker and his family spent the past 10 days in isolation (which I sponsored financially)

This new strain of the virus moves very quickly.

My wife's return flight to the UK on the 13th is about to be cancelled - BA has cancelled many flights around that time already. France has already banned UK nationals from entering the country.

We have a 22 year old friend that got sick overnight last week and she isn't doing well at all. -People have to be REALLY STUPID not to take this pandemic seriously.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    10 - 14 days

The idea with isolation is that even if you show no symptoms you may be carrying the virus and thus run the risk of transmitting it to others. You should not be able to pass the virus on to another person after 14 days because your own body should have been able to take care of it by that time.

The important point is that we could carry and transmit the virus even though we don't show symptoms.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    You should not be able to pass the virus on to another person after 14 days because your own body should have been able to take care of it by that time.
    Exactly

Your own body should take care of it.
    If you are allergic to the dead virus and spike protein after your body has taken care of it, then steroids and anti histamines sort that out sharp, sharp.
    No need for 2 jabs and countless boosters.

Have a lekker weekend

Peace out ... Derek

PS: Never before in the history of mankind has a healthy person ( in other words an asymptomatic person) been able to spread any respiratory illness.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    After all this time ... we finally had the virus in the house ... I must admit I was a little concerned for my daughter who was in close contact with my wife and I ... the doctor did keep in contact to get updates on her health during this period ... as he indicated during the first call ... it would be highly unlikely that she would show severe symptoms or get really sick ... but just out of concern we monitored her daily.

I isolated for the 10 days purely as a precaution and concern for my customers safety ... it seems a waste 10 days and a loss of revenue for nothing.

As I have mentioned before ... I am started to wonder if I actually needed to be doubled jabbed ... I am wondering why tests were not carried out prior to me being jabbed and the jab not given to someone else who needed it.

As one person pointed out to me ... his work is trying to force him to get the jab .. he is totally against it and none of his family have had the jab ... they are telling him that it because of underlying issue that he should have the jab ... his response "show me the underlying issues you refer to and then I might consider it" ... he is fit and healthy.

The only 2 people I know of who died recently ... both were super fit and healthy and both died of a heart attack a couple of weeks after the jab ... was it the jab ... we will never know.

The reality is that friends and family have already died from this virus ... however it is going to be interesting to see feedback in years to come.

Here is something else to consider ... my wife and daughter are super careful ... and do everything by the book ... wear masks all the time while out in public ... social distance ... wash hands all the time ... she even has a bottle in the car which she uses every time she gets in and out of the vehicle ... even works from home since the lockdown started ... who gets sick and tested positive ... not the person who doesnt give rats ass for the mask ... wash my hands when they get dirty ... and work in close contact to a lot of people everyday all day ... filling out books and delivery notes and invoices and learning on counters ... touching products being handed from one person to the next ...etc etc etc.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Last day of lockdown today ... we used the checkers 60 min delivery ordered lunch ... got stuck into the room revamp ... been a busy day ... just wish it was the first day ... lots to do.

Everyone is feeling better.

Site is clear for work tomorrow ... I will have the entire building to myself ... its the best time of year to work ... save plenty money ... keeps me out the shopping centres ... its peaceful.

Just beware people house invasion are up 33 % over this period ... make sure you keep on your toes and dont let your guard down ... 2.30 am this morning there was gunshots in the area 2 one after another ... then 123 one after each other ... there was a party till early hours of this morning ... it could have been a drunk showing off.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast