Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: South African Omicron

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    The reason that the majority of South Africans have not been vaccinated, is not due to anti-vax, but rather
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof Shabir Madhi
    “I believe one of the issues holding South Africans back from vaccinating is not just hesitancy, but apathy,” he said.
    I agree with this statement.

I think that Anti-Vaxxers are actually a rather small group (that have access to social media) who thrive on fringe beliefs/ideologies/conspiracy theories not for the sake of those fringe beliefs/ideologies/conspiracy theories but rather to stand out from the rest as being "well informed" - The problem is that reading Buzzfeed does not make one well informed. The thing that annoys me is not that people have other views - that is perfectly fine, it is the constant never ending SMUGGNESS that annoys me. Bible punchers are exactly the same - no matter what anybody says they will continually SMUGLY force their views on other people.

Now look - I am happy to debate about anything - my daughter and I spend hours and hours talking about stuff....It is the emotional illogical thought process and SMUGNESS that gets me...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    When Madhi opens his mouth on the mainstream fake media, all one hears is vaccine, vaccine, vaccine.

Attached is a nice short video explaining why vaccine is the only word that comes out of his mouth.

https://lovinglifetv.com/prof-madhi-...o-follow-here/

Time to go fishing now.

Toodledoo.
    You must have the biggest library of fringe websites on the planet.

LOL -
    THE FOUNDER RAN OFF TO AUSTRALIA and flaps his lips about South Africa
    The forum Guru lives in Canada.
    The rest of them are VERY WELL EDUCATED and well informed people - NOT - I looked the heroes up

Everybody on this planet should go read that website and the forums - You will see that a handful of people spout garbage on and on and on and on....That is not the fringe of the internet - that website is "The South African Twighlight Zone" - driven by a loon in OZ.

That forum is downright scary - soooooooooooooooooooo much ridiculous nonsense. - Go see

The biggest crap talker on the Forum's own website comes up as an Avast security risk. (I am not going to mention his alias or website so as not to promote the nonsense)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Based on my own discussions with folk who have not vaccinated yet, the given reason for their hesitancy is varied and mostly stated with a hint of concern rather than profound conviction. And after a little probing, I can't help sense that the real reason is a pretty common trait in humans - when in doubt, do nothing.

And going to have a vaccine shot requires taking a decision.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    or sh!t scared of seeing the needle and feeling the minor prick.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Based on my own discussions with folk who have not vaccinated yet, the given reason for their hesitancy is varied and mostly stated with a hint of concern rather than profound conviction. And after a little probing, I can't help sense that the real reason is a pretty common trait in humans - when in doubt, do nothing.

And going to have a vaccine shot requires taking a decision.
    I agree and I also think that the idea can be expanded by means of analogy. Imagine massive traffic congestion on a highway due to an accident. Most people will exacerbate the situation by slowing down to a crawl and rubber necking out of pure curiosity. Thy won't get involved but they way hinder general traffic somewhat. Some people will listen to the radio or look at their maps and take recommended action to reroute or postpone their travel plans. but....there are always a handful of people who will stop in the middle of the road (generally causing bigger accidents) or even turn around and drive into oncoming traffic causing many fights and serious problems. Statistically speaking a large number of the 3rd group will survive by sheer luck nonetheless.

Given what Dave said and my analogy I now get the sense that the vaccine issue has very little to do with Covid-19. I would love to see a study of vaccine uptake/ anti-vaxx etc. paralleled to other initiatives plotted by different types of societies/cultures/countries etc.

Thanks
    Here's another little gem. A whatsapp message sent to Enoch and mean't for Cyril from billionaire Rob Hersov.

Of course, nothing in the fake msm. They only worried about getting the jabbed numbers up.

Enjoy. https://lovinglifetv.com/rob-hersovs...ovid-lockdown/

Brought to you by Lovinglifetv.

Toodledoo.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post

As from Dec 24th 2021, according to the NICD ( document attached ) no more quarantining for both vaxxed and unvaxxed.

No more testing needed unless you have symptoms.

https://www.nicd.ac.za/revision-to-c...ion-protocols/
    The above mentioned document has now been withdrawn pending further input

It would appear that unfortunately politics is over ruling science

The orginal protocols that have been used previously for contact tracing , isolation etc still apply

https://www.gov.za/speeches/health-r...tocols-related

8. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (30-Dec-21)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Anything boils down to risk assessment.

In business as in life we take risks to overcome a situations.

Now the anti-vax community have a lot to say and made a lot of noise. Is it good for humanity? No... Why? Because this pandemic will last a lot longer because of it. If people worked together the pandemic would have been a lot shorter and normality would have returned. In any workplace PPE "personal protection equipment" is a must. Employees are expected to use PPE and do risk-assessment. Again in offices PPE can be gloves, ergonomic keyboard and mouse and eye protection depending on the situation. The simple fact is health and safety is important because it can get expensive if someone gets hurt.

Lets take an arbitrary number of R2k a day to stay in a hospital. That is R14k for every 7 days. Now lets say 7000 people need to be hospitalized... Now start doing the math.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It is unfortunate that the Adrian vs Derlyn interplay is detracting from what is otherwise a quite intelligent discussion.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    It is unfortunate that the Adrian vs Derlyn interplay is detracting from what is otherwise a quite intelligent discussion.
    You taught me a valuable lesson today - a scary lesson but valuable nonetheless - thank you.

I will respect your wishes and I will no longer challenge Derlyn.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast