I had an interesting chat with a person yesterday.

Let me get this right ... You import every single part of an installation from another country ... to the point that you cannot even get spares for any of the products locally ... how do you issue a COC ? Last I checked ... a new installation requires a tick in a box indicating that "all" the components are SANS approved ... Do we not require a SANS product in installations anymore.

How will this affect the tenants in the rest of the building and their insurance.

Would you or your family member be covered if they are injured if there was a fire or electrocuted in the building?

Would you claim against ... the building management service for allowing this type of practise in the building?

I know in building were some of my customers are renting ... we have to issue a valid COC which is checked by an independent inspector ... thermal reports have to be carried out every 6 months ... even though the reports are not worth he paper they are written on after we almost had a fire due to a bad breaker connection they missed ... at least steps are being taken.