Thread: Using unbranded gas in gas nail guns

Thanks

Using unbranded gas in gas nail guns

I accidently found an electronic part on eBay that allows to use unbranded gas on Hilti GX120, Hilti GX3 and Spit Pulsa 800 nail guns.
    It disables the check of gas cartrige and the gun will work with any gas bottle.
    It's an interesting opportunity. The chinese gas bottles cost a lot cheaper that the original hilti cartriges.
    Did anyone try this?

Thanks
    I've finally received the board from ebay. It's for Hilti G120 tool. It's easy to mount it into a gun.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_2021-12-05_04-46-32.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	8414
    Now the gun shots every time I press the trigger regardless the cartrige's remained shots.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Its the same as the Hilti battery replacements ... they wanted R3500 for a replacement battery for one of my testers ... I bought an unbranded one for R460 7 years ago and its still working.

Hilti make a really good product ... Hilti outlast their 10 year lifetime warranty ... but buying stuff like anchors ... gas (consumables) and replacement batteries is where they really make you feel like you would rather let go of your ankles ... stand up and pull your pants up ... because they certainly know how to enlarge the thrust.

Lets not talk about their service department ... 4 attempts to service a TE7A ... it still not working correctly ... they fired the service department lady because she offered to replace the machine after the 3rd time it was returned ... so now I sit with a leaking TE7A which has a faulty hammer mechanism.

They have realised that small contractors like myself buy Hilti product and are prepared to pay the 800 % markup on the tool ...because we know they will last 30 years ... its not good for business ... for 2 reasons ... one we dont waste money on their inflated prices of consumables which is were they really apply a ton of Vaseline ... targeting large companies is where they make money ... back in the day when they would arrive with a brand new tool or 2 or 3 just because I had ordered R20 k worth of fasteners ... I couldnt give a toss ... the big company I was sub contracting to didnt have clue what was going on on site ... they just paid the account at the end of the month.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    The only reason to use the original consumables is keeping the warranty. Why do you have to overpay if you still can't get quick and reliable support?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    So you converted the gas GX120 gas nailer to a to a battery operated machine ?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    No, it just got able to be used with any gas bottle that would fit into the gun not only the original ones. I'm using white chinese bottles which are a lot cheaper.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_2021-02-26_20-27-50.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	8434

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I learnt something new again ... didnt even know my GX120 had a 3 cells lithium battery ... I suppose the LED have to use some form of power

Let us know how well they work and where to purchase them.

Thanks
    Them work nice just like the original ones. Except the indication, it doesn't work and always shows an enmpty cartridge.
    I bought mine on ebay.

Thanks
    lol, it dissappeared from ebay