Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PV green card

Thanks
    Heard from someone at a large wholesaler that they are nipping because they have major orders on the water, on their way here and they cannot move what they presently have in stock, quick enough.

Expect a moerse price war in the coming months with prices dropping rapidly.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I was on the sunsynk approved installers list (ticked all their boxes, and then some, and still got chucked off). Can't be arsed to fill it all in again and wait a few weeks. Don't see how they can't offer a guarantee then move the goal posts and not stand by it?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    What about all the time and effort wasted researching, watching the training videos ( I dont think I have managed to get through a fiull video yet).

Trying to figure out the software/firmware which dont always work, then have to be rolled back, with no reference to what the upgrade has improved or changed.

The lack of formal product training and certification, yet they have a product approval requirement.

An installer approval system, which by the way means nothing, you ask why, because if the installer leaves the company 1 week after getting approval, that company can continue to operate as an registered/approved or even master approved company. Now you think you getitng a mater installer on site, but it could be anyone with limited qualifications.

If you are a smart installer and want to mark a few bucks you offer your service, collect a retainer and make any company approved at your level

Quote Originally Posted by skatingsparks View Post
    I was on the sunsynk approved installers list (ticked all their boxes, and then some, and still got chucked off). Can't be arsed to fill it all in again and wait a few weeks. Don't see how they can't offer a guarantee then move the goal posts and not stand by it?
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I beleive this approval system, the decrerase in demad for installations and the warehouses filled with stock is going to dent their bottom line.

This "we dont sell to the public" BS is another joke, every customer I deal with has an "installer price list", you phone any online seller they ask if you are an installer and you respond yes, your Sunsynk product is in van ready to deliver.

Lets not even go into the pricing, what a joke, the exchange rate hasnt changed, so just imagine how the public have been milked once again.

Anyone know what a Sunsynk 5 kw lands her in SA for, I would gues around R7000 or less ?

To give you an idea of how badly the public and installers have been milked. By the way this is direct to the public. You notice pop ups on your socials with these kind of prices of people trying to unload Sunsynk products.

It has become embarrassing dealing with customers who we have already sold Sunsynk products who got ripped off at R35000 for the same battery and our markup was only 5 %

You know what they say, make hay while the sun shines, boy have Sunsynk and their supplier smade hay out of the struggling SA public.

Lets se eif it works in Autralia, lets hope they not as desperate as the South Africans.

https://www.retailenergy.co.za/produ...xoCe18QAvD_BwE

https://www.retailenergy.co.za/produ...xoC9vgQAvD_BwE
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    It's crazy how everywhere you are seeing these kind of "sales". As people get use to the low stages of load shedding they realise that maybe wasting R100 000- R150 000 on a system which they might never get any ROI, and the fact that the once the amnesty period is up, the SSEG registration process is going to take off, which by the way, could cost in excess of R20 000 just to apply for the registration, then you goiung to pay a monthly fee on your inverter of at least R126 per kw (12 kw @R125 per kw = R1500 per month), and you thought that R1500 fee was just a rumour, by the way it makes no difference if you feedback into the grids or not.

Even more bad news, it is a council bylaw that your system must be registered and feeding back into the grid without registration is the same as tampering with your meter, chances are you going to be in for a little surprise.

https://www.retailenergy.co.za/produ...pr_seq=uniform
    Last edited by Isetech; 23-Aug-23 at 04:53 AM.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Yeah this price war is there that is for sure ! 8kw sunsynk was at R45 ex at one point from a supplier that the public can't even go to... Now it's nearly the price of what the 5kw was...

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    I have noticed people offering solar courses ... one being just over R12000 for a 5 day course.

I havent really done any research ... but it sounds live a move in the right direction or should I say I need to get my butt into gear if I plan to go down this rabbit hole.

Like gas installations ... will you require a separate COC for solar installations ... I would assume that every solar installer with a PV green card would have to be a qualified electrician with either a single phase/installation electrician/master electrician depending on the type of installation and its location.

the owner would require a COC for the electrical .. COC for the gas and COC for the solar and a COC for the electric fence ( have I missed any)
    Look at PQRS for training. I recently completed 2 courses. Good solid practical training. P4 qualification

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    At R6600 per course, was it worth it.

What level of electrican do you feel should attend these courses, domestic elctricians with very little experince in the elctrical industry, IE and MIE's?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_van_Zyl View Post
    Look at PQRS for training. I recently completed 2 courses. Good solid practical training. P4 qualification

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    The reason I ask, I deal with people who have completed courses and still asking a lot of questions.

I dont have an issue attending acourse, but I need to find a advanced course which is not going to teach me how to use a screwdriver.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Isetech View Post
    At R6600 per course, was it worth it.

What level of electrican do you feel should attend these courses, domestic elctricians with very little experince in the elctrical industry, IE and MIE's?
    Anyone new to PV and alternative energy supply. The theory was good for me, the practical I could probably have skipped but rather do both - you don't know what you don't know.

I've seen terrible work done by ie's and mie's and fantastic work by single phase sparks so I don't believe it's linked to qualification level.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast