HI All

In 2014 I registered for COIDA , I submitted my application via email. I have called numerous times and send various emails with regards to registration . I was told that the application is in process and that i should be patient. Some of our clients require workman's comp in order to proceed work. Due to the registration taking so long with no feedback i took out Employers Liability Insurance (this was in 2015) .This at least helped me to get the work. In the meantime i followed up with no luck. Time went on . The department was absent with absolutely no correspondence. Bizprofile opened during Covid (2020) and i registered there for Workman's comp. Again with no luck or any feedback from the department (2021) . A few months later I checked and bam I was the lucky recipient of a Workman's Comp number . I immediately called my book keeper and said pls do my earnings for 2020/2021 . He said he found that I was backdated to 2016. Okay but why ? Another 3 months later with 10 emails later still no feedback of why I'm being backdated. Today 13/10/2021 I was fed up and included the Presidency into my mail to them and suddenly all is alive and well at the workman comp . I get responses like you cannot believe. So today i found out my original application 2014 did also go through and now I have to pay from 2014/2015. Also the application from Bizportal also needs to be paid from 2016. So there is a duplicate that much they could figure out. Now my question is I paid for employee insurance since 2015 of which I have proof as well as a letter stating from my insurer that i had no claims . Am i still legally bound to pay for 2015 to date ?
And if I should backpay is there any rebate I can apply for ?
Yes this a all true story , what a pity we have to go this routes to get help .