Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electricity/water disconnections

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Dont worry Adrian ... I am still gonna to be here for a while ... you okes are not going to get rid of me that easy ... All the previous attempts to take my own life have failed ... so you have nothing to worry about ... I am still here and I have good news ... the total outstanding balancing (R58923.90)including the R290 disconnection fee is paid in full.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    By the way ... I am still waiting for Standard bank business banker to return my call ... so I decided F%ck it ... I had a delivery to do ... so I stopped off at FNB ... a half an hour later I have a cheque account ... a savings account ... a card issued and initialised at the ATM ... the FNB banking app and already transferred money into the account.

I will give it 3 months and see how it goes ... then I will move everything from Standard to FNB.

By the way ... I walked up the steps by the time I got to the door I had a young lad ask what I required ... half and hour later I walked out with a new bank account and his details to contact him direct if I have any questions or need anything.

What an awesome banking experience ... I would probably still be in the que at Standard bank waiting for a business banker ... sometime you just got the grab the bull by the horns and move.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @ian I almost said, "I told you so." As Adrian says, life is worth living. Sometimes we just have to follow another route to get to where we want to be. How can we expect change and something better if we just do what we have always been doing?

FNB has a business help desk which operates 24/7 0877 FNB 247. I have found them to be very helpful and saves you going to a branch and sitting in a queue. (at FNB you don't stand).
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Why trust the municipality to read your water or electricity meter with a good chance of getting the numbers wrong or inflating the consumption. The government and municipalities are bankrupt and now they are looking for other sources of revenue.

By installing an AUS-iot monitor you get meter readings on the hour and warnings of excessive consumption, leaks and bursts. Keep records that can stand up in court. Property admins have the convenience of reading meters on any of their managed sites anywhere in the country. Usage profiles enables statistical analysis and accurate future budgeting. The system is compatible with all major accounting systems or data can be downloaded as a CSV or excel file. Available for water, gas and electricity.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210727_131557 (002).jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	8291
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

5. Thanks given for this post:

ians (23-Sep-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have already saved a couple of thousand rand ... every minute I sit in a que I cant be working ... I received my license renewal ... banking with Standard bank ... it means half a day wasted in a que at the post office or licensing department ... with FNB you go to the app on your phone click click scan your vehicle license disk and image that it done ... you dont even have to fill out the details ...

Standard "moving forward 1 pebble at a time"

And just when I thought it couldnt get any better ... I am told I qualify as a senior ... big deal ... it actually is ... because I get a cheque account for R35 and a savings account absolutely free.

My son decides to use the home affairs feature at Standard bank ... what a joke ... if they are not off line ... you have to sit like a fool and wait or come back later and try again ... no big deal ... actually it is and why I say this ... they cannot contact you to inform you that they are online because dont have facilities to do that.

And I have even used the card yet ... there are still ebucks and other things which Standard dont have ... I starting to kick myself for not moving a lot sooner.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Capitec this morning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-09-27 at 11.39.15.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	8299

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12