Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Running away

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    We are actually "Europeans" who are living in an African country, just like ex-patriots living in Kenya, Zambia, Malawi and so on.

We are "visitors", guests if you like, in our country of birth. It may seem harsh and unjust, but it is how it is.

If you were born elsewhere, doubly so.
    Should Europeans then be referred to as European/Africans and afforded the same rights as African/Americans in America (BLM) ... because Europeons are being targeted (ALM) ?

We speak of Europeans having challenges because of the colour of their skin ... the sad part is I wished a friend from Malawi goodbye as he and his family ran away from South Africa due to concerns for the safety of hi family in this country.

Yet for many years the same people who are chasing him and his family were happy to enjoy the life as while in exile in many other African countries.

I am starting to think if has nothing to do with the nationality of people or colour of their skin but rather using a racist agenda by certain individuals attempting to create instability for anyone wanting to make SA a thriving business hub.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I suppose running away isnt correct ... it should be fleeing SA.

I just shake my head when I read of 6000 protesting marching because 30 people are killed because people are trying to protect their families ... yet 57 people are murdered every single day in SA ... I dont see anyone protesting or rioting.

People are being attacked in their home with pangas and bush knive ... literally everyday ... we have just had another incident ... the first incident happened across the road ... a family with young children was attacked by 3 panga/bushknife wielding attackers ... and now an 80 + year old women was attacked and chopped with the panga while trying to fend off attackers trying to break the security gate off the wall
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ask an African; he will tell you.
    Ask an AFRIKANER...Hy sal jou vertel van sy taal wat ontstaan het in HIERDIE land. Afrikaans is not Dutch, it is not German, it is Not French and it is not English - it is a product of this country. Afrikaners have no other home than this country because they are a product of this country.

4. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (11-Aug-21)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In the end, our forefathers moved here in hope of a better life. Same is true for the many thousands that move to America, Canada, Europe, Australia and other places long before things got this complicated. If you mind is telling you it is time to move on and build a future for yourself, your family in any other place then you do you. Be safe and be strong. Don't let others label you. You are not fleeing from anything, you are not running away from anything. You simply evaluated the situation and the conclusion was for you to move on. Every country has its own challenges, opportunities and dangers. So where ever you go what ever you decided to do, make sure you understand the risks, challenges and be careful.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I suggest if you are leaving because of a threat to your peaceful continued presence, "fleeing" or "running away" are the correct terms.

I also tend to agree with Andromeda; the numbers that sees the white (and increasingly the Indian) South African as a foreigner is growing.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading"
    ~Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    We are actually "Europeans" who are living in an African country, just like ex-patriots living in Kenya, Zambia, Malawi and so on.

We are "visitors", guests if you like, in our country of birth. It may seem harsh and unjust, but it is how it is.

If you were born elsewhere, doubly so.
    If you are of British decent and just here for commercial reasons, this may apply and therefore it is easy to "go back home."
    Although I was not born in South Africa, I see it as my home and my country.
    I refuse to be called a European living in an African country. I have a right to be here just as much as any other South African citizen.

We should note that it is the small minority that are causing all the turmoil and even the Ain't No Consequences party has a minority support.
    In the 2014 election they received only 10 026 475 votes out of 25 390 150 registered. (39.49%) The silent majority did not vote, why?
    If all the good people could start raising their voices and stand together, they will make this country great again.
    Unfortunately, we do not seem to have the calibre of quality leaders to achieve this.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    If you are of British decent and just here for commercial reasons, this may apply and therefore it is easy to "go back home."
    Although I was not born in South Africa, I see it as my home and my country.
    I refuse to be called a European living in an African country. I have a right to be here just as much as any other South African citizen.

We should note that it is the small minority that are causing all the turmoil and even the Ain't No Consequences party has a minority support.
    In the 2014 election they received only 10 026 475 votes out of 25 390 150 registered. (39.49%) The silent majority did not vote, why?
    If all the good people could start raising their voices and stand together, they will make this country great again.
    Unfortunately, we do not seem to have the calibre of quality leaders to achieve this.
    On my Dad's side my ancestor was a 1820 settler. On my Mom's side her dutch predecessors got here in the late 1600s. So i think I am entitled to be here. However, what I mean is that South Africa is no longer a white territory at the foot of Africa. It certainly was, but it is now an African country in Africa. If you believe otherwise then I guess you live in a big city somewhere. If however you live in a rural area then you quickly and easily see the difference two decades have made. Perhaps European is the wrong word; "white" is what I meant, but the old regime called us Europeans.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    White people in SA ... dont try tell them ... they get really upset when you point out how soft they have it ( every white person in this country has at at some stage been privileged)

This movie always reminds me of how white people live in SA ... and now with their estates if just sealed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlnm...lassicTrailers

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    ( every white person in this country has at at some stage been privileged)

I think at this point it is fair to say you have no idea what you are talking about... So i suggest to drop the topic...

If you wish to be provocative i suggest addressing another topic because you will

1 > Get people in trouble

2 > Operators admins and the like will have to sit with the fallout again. That would not be fair towards them or anyone else.

Last point... People worked HARD for what little they have and if you want to play this card then i have no respect for you.

END
    Last edited by tec0; 12-Aug-21 at 02:49 PM.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast