Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bond arrears

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    they can even force a debit order onto one of your family members account without permission.
    This is a very dubious claim.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I clearly remember why I HATE FNB - THEIR IT SYSTEMS ARE K@K

You cannot do the Paypal connection online - the one screen says you need Fica documents (It doesn't say which) and on anther screen says there are no fica documents outstanding. So we go to the branch and do the fica stuff. Now we get home and the STUPID FNB SYSTEM cannot understand +27 as a telephone code - no matter what we put in to register the cellphone for OTP it doesn't accept 027 - or whatever.

I lelf FNB years back because theirs systems are K@K - I watched two ol ladies try to deposit money into an FNB ATM and give up because the workflow is totally @$$ about face to other ATMs. The internet profile was a mess because it kept showing up an FNB account that I closed years before.

Now I have to take my daughter to the branch again to put her telephone number in their system - bunch of frigging clowns!

And this all because FNB is the sole gateway to get money into the country via Paypal - I wouldn't touch FNB with a barge pole otherwise.

Hah...I HATE FNB with a passion....Capitec is great!!!!!!! And Capitec now supports business accounts via Mechantile Bank.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    This is a very dubious claim.
    Look at post #50 ... that was the response from Standard bank with regards to the debit order they took upon themselves to load onto my wifes account.

Copied from the email " The debit order was cancelled on 17/08/2021. Your debit order did not run on 01/09/2021." its been running for almost a year without permission.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I thought about capitec ... but never got around to visiting a branch.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    I thought about capitec ... but never got around to visiting a branch.
    My wife, me and both my daughters bank with Capitec. No nonsense.....but...they don't have credit cards, financing or any of that stuff. Just pure low cost fast and efficient everyday banking.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I get a letter of demand from the debit collectors for outstanding fees they want me to pay ... yeah right ... what a f^&*en joke ... my attorney said I must just laugh it off and delete any correspondence.

Let this be a lesson to anyone who is in the arrears with anything ... if you take the call and share your information with these scavengers ... they can use any information your offer on the phone against you.

My advise ... when the scavengers (debit collectors) call DONT NOT ...talk to them ... when they start harassing you for your details to verify they are talking to the correct person ... all they are actually doing if making you acknowledge the debit and by sharing info ... like your name and contact details and ID number etc ... you become liable for whatever information you share with them.

When the scavengers call ... it simple ... "you dont share personal details over the phone" ... and thats all you tell them ... then you drag it out as long as possible ... as in my case 12 months and they are still at it ( fortunately my account is up to date)

The question I ask myself now ... what happens if the scavengers have a data breach and my personal information suddenly ends up in the wrong hands?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Install TrueCaller on your phone - It shows their numbers and AUTO-BLOCKS 90% THEM! If one gets through then you block them in TrueCaller and that information is shared with everybody else. It5 also AUTO-BLOCKS Whatsapp and SMS from them too.

I can see 99.9% of the names of people or companies that call me as the phone rings (EVERYBODY - people that I never dealt with before, not just people in my list) - I paid for a subscription and I would pay 10x more because the product is so good.

It even recognizes Whatsapp and SMS telephone numbers and tells you the exact name of the person or company you are dealing with.

Pay for the annual subscription - it is really worth the money

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    It is not that simple for me ... my phone is my link to my customers.

To simplify my life I took my old iphone 5 ... leave it plugged in and switched on ... anything I register ... groups I belong to ... anything not work related is on that phone.

the problem with the scavengers ... they seem to have internal access to information at the banks etc and I hear use methods to track people which are not actually legal.

You wonder why you suddenly hear of a scavenger data breach ... I wonder about these data breaches ... Could it be that they have decided to sell everyone personal data to the highest bidder ... as we have all learnt ... in this day and age ...your personal information has become a valuable asset.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I give up!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    So we spent another 20 minutes with the FNB PAypal support department this morning. They couldn't get their own system to accept the telephone number. They are now escalating the problem onto yet another department. How do they manage to stay in business - they can't even make one online form work properly nor provide proper support for the stupid form. We've now been at this for 2 weeks straight and we are still unable to get them to to sort it out. FNB is a TOTAL JOKE! We complained on Facebook a coulpe of times and they are very apologetic. We gave them all the details that they need to activate the account - I am starting to think that they actually do not want the business on purpose.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast