Thread: Speck pumps lights

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Speck pumps lights

I am looking for an installer guide and user manual for the multi colour lights ... the pool company installed 4 lights and left 1 receiver and no documentation.

I sent an email requesting the info ... the reply to my email was a sketch of a transfomer a receiver and a light ... They did contact me to inform me that they dont have either ... you just have to thumb suck how the lights work ... how to change colour etc ... its been a week and speck pumps still cant find the info.

I just installed a 120 VA transfomer and a couple light swithces ... and have managed to figue out how to synchronise the lights (they all do the same thing in the same colour sequence) ... I am assumiing that the remote which uses the normally closed contact ... changes the colour or sequences depending on how long you hold the button or how fast you press it.

I did find some data sheets with the light wattage and recommended transformer size ... but that is it.

Anyone have info on how the lights work ... surely they came from a supplier who designed the controls.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The setup :-

Info off the speck pump website.

Pool - 2 x Aua 150 colour

Light features - 4 colours
    6 light show options
    12-20 VAC
    15 W @12VAC = 1.25 Amps
    1000 lumens
    162 LED lights
    Suggested transfomer - 20 VA per light.

https://www.speck-pumps.co.za/wp-con...ment-light.pdf

Water feature - 2 x Aimflo colour

4 light colours
    6 light show options
    12-20VAC
    3 W A12 VAC = 0.25 Amps
    200 lumens
    54 LED lights
    Suggested transformer - 5 VA per light.

https://www.speck-pumps.co.za/wp-con...LED-Lights.pdf

Another data sheet.

https://www.speck-pumps.co.za/wp-con...duct-Guide.pdf
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    What am I trying to achieve ... what I thought would be a simple press this button hold for 3 seconds and release ...or press twice and go to mode 2 then press once ... or something like that ... being an old technically challenged ballie ... maybe its time to get my 5 year old grandchild to help.

The way it is setup at the moment -

There is a timer which will switch on the lights at sunset everyday ... I want the light to switch on and all of them to be in the same mode ... for example all be blue.

or all start rolling from blue in light show mode 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 ... what ever they are set to.

At the moment ... the timer switches on and there is a fiasco of light shows in different colours.

To try fix the problem I fitted switch to each light after the transformer ... then switch 1 switch on until it got to a colour and switched it off ... then the next switch and so on ... until all the lights were in the same colour and whatever mode it was in ... worked fine for a couple weeks ... then went out of sink ... and had to switch and go through the process again ... still havent figued out how to get the mall to move to another colour or loght show ...without causing them all to go out of sync.

Speck pumps sent me an instruction sheet which indicates that remotes are supplied seperately and that there are 2 modes.

Do i need to connect all the lights to one transfomer ... via 1 switch feeding the transfomer ... with a 4 button remote connected to 4 N/C relay contacts on the 12 VAc side of the transformer.

Trying to suck this info out of speck pumps is like asking the sale person at the counter at the electrical wholesaler .. what size wire I should use to connect a 200 kw motor to a VSD ... mounted 20 meters away from a 1500 KVA and wehter or not it should be shielded and earthed on both sides ... most electricians wouldnt even be able to answer this question correctly.

Surely if you sell a product you should at least have a useable instruction manual for both the installer and user or have someone with the technical backround to answer queries?

Am I being unreasonable again?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I got a reply from speck pumps with regards to their aimflo lights.

You just have to keep changing the wires until all the lights come on ... apprently if you just keep changing the 4 wires eventually all the LED will come on ... then you have to start with the next light ... because no 2 lights are the same ... my labour rate cost a lot more than the aimflo light ... The customer is going to get the pool guy to spend the day changing the wires until he gets it right ... this is when you dont want to be the product supplier ... one way to piss your profits down the crapper.

The scary part ... the wires on the controller are not the same as the light fitting ... so you have a red/black/yellow/white/orange/blue ... and speck pumps cant tell you which colour is the neutral (or even if you need a neutral) ... or test the resistance between the wires to figue out which are the same ... what a waste of time.