The question I ask myself ... because I am so angry ... maybe I am being unreasonable.

Am I expecting too much form HIlti ?

They promise a 3 day turnaround time.

They advertise 20 year support ... its not me making up some figue just because I look after my machines.

It not like the TE7 was in bad condition when it was sent to them ... it came back in worse condition than when I sent it to them.

Cut and paste from Hilti website

https://www.hilti.co.za/content/hilt...l-service.html

Unique Warranty - 2 Years** Free Repair

In the event of a breakdown, we repair your Hilti tool free of charge for 2 years** after the date of purchase (including wear and tear).
After the 2 years warranty period, take advantage of our repair packages with a capped amount After any out-of-warranty repair (package or quote), benefit from an additional 3 month no cost coverage on the tool.
Manufacturer's warranty: 20 years warranty against parts and manufacturer irregularities as long as we service the tool.

They are the only ones who service my machines ... not all of them because now I have to take my machines which are older than 10 years to a private power tool company to service them because they refuse to even book them in never mind service them ... so I dont get how the 20 years warrant works ...maybe I should ask 5 year old grand child