Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Denied petrol

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My dad was an orthopedic surgeon and my mom was a radiographer so I kinda grew up around medicine/ hospitals.

...we all expect the dentist to use clean tools, wear gloves and wear a mask - TO PROTECT US
    ...further...
    ...we expect the operating theater to be super clean and all the staff to wear PPE - TO PROTECT THE PATIENT

...BUT...
    ...WE DON'T GIVE A TOSS ABOUT ANYBODY ELSE BECAUSE WE ARE SPECIAL - we claim the right to do whatever the F we want, yet we do not take responsibility for the consequences of our own actions and then we have the audacity to bitch and moan about the government trying to institute common sense temporary rules to protect us from our own stupidity - When it all goes wrong we revel in the "knowledge" that we knew it was going to fail because "those other people" didn't do what they were supposed to....Go figure!

This nonsense reminds me of stonings (you know - when people get to throw rocks at a victim) - The person dies but nobody takes responsibility - everybody make themselves believe that they had no part in the death because it was "those other people's" rocks that killed him...

eish...

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (19-Mar-21)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    In my 62 years nobody has peed on me yet. Maybe I've just been lucky. Gonna try my luck for another 20 years or so.

Peace out .. Derek
    Rocking out to a bit or Metallica, song is called nothing else matters. Highly recommend it.

See normally i would get a bit snarky and try to make you see that wearing a mask really does save lives. But at this point i realized despite the sadness that many has expressed here you will continue on. Well best of luck to you. I really do hope you stay healthy,

so yea peace out...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I went to the beach today ... I have'nt been there in months because ... in my view ... it is a crowded venue ... but hey my daughter loves going for an early morning (before the crowds) walk along the promenade ... all I am gona say is eeeeeish. I had my mask on when I arrived ... because it is the law ... by the time I got to the promenade I realised I was one of the very few people wearing one.

Took my mask off ... walked onto the beach and stayed clear of everyone ... went to the Wimpy for breakfast ... at least the waiters were wearing pants ... so we didnt have to worry about getting peed on even though we were naked
    Last edited by ians; 20-Mar-21 at 02:14 PM.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In my 62 years nobody has peed on me yet. Maybe I've just been lucky. Gonna try my luck for another 20 years or so.

Peace out .. Derek
    Maybe not, but I bet that you have had other people's spit on your face & body as some people just cannot speak without spreading it.
    Or is their no spread when people cough near you? Do you run for cover or just take it in your stride and wipe the saliva afterwards?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mask.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	8158
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Maybe not, but I bet that you have had other people's spit on your face & body as some people just cannot speak without spreading it.
    Or is their no spread when people cough near you? Do you run for cover or just take it in your stride and wipe the saliva afterwards?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mask.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	8158
    DO you know why they spit in your face when they dont say it but spray it ... The person is dehydrated.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Nothing has changed for me. The only change that I have observed since TIPKAF's arrival is how people around me have become paranoid and psychotic, except for the inhabitants of Nompomelelo which is a large informal settlement in Beacon Bay. There, life carries on normally .... no mask wearing ... no social distancing and people are not dropping like flies, like someone else mentioned. No paranoia there, just normal life. My assistant, Xolani, who lives there doesn't know of anyone who has died of anything else but plain old age or maybe a car accident but nothing out of the ordinary.

I wonder what it feels like to be paranoid. Am I missing something?

Peace out ... Derek

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I am in pretty much the same situation ... my assistant goes to the farm every weekend ... by monday morning he smells like has spent the weekend in a bottle store ... they party the whole weekend ... he enjoys social gatthering with family and friends ( which is why I have become paranoid of him) he is forced to wear a mask if within 1.5 of me ... regardless of our location.

I go to the beachfront and see how people take the fact that you have to wear a mask with a pinch of salt ... I know it is outside and all that ... but looking at the shear volume of people more than a stadium would hold ... if there was a risk ... people would be getting sick.

So here is what I have noticed ... in the begining ...around march last year there was this massive scare ... a few friends and family got sick ... weathered the storm ... some were sick for 10 days and recovered and others as long as 20 days ... the odd person died ... by like on any given day ... people are dying ... its not like people stopped dying because of covid ... it seems everyone was registered as a victim of covid

then there was a a lull ... you heard of people getitng sick and stats were displayed ... but it almost seemed like the stats were there just to keep the ball rolling ... it even got to a point that the radio station was advertsing thousands of empty beds avaialble if you felt the need to isolate ... then it actually hit us.

in December 2020 ... thats when it affected our family and friends directly ... people around us were dying literally by the day ... hospitals (private) were overwhelmed with patients ... there was this massive panic about over crowded hospitals ... people were told to use the governement facilities which were made available specifically for covid.

During this period there was a massive panic because of the reality of the virus ... it was affecting people around us ... everyone was doing the right thing wearing masks keeping their distance and all the other stuff.

But as the infection rate and deaths around us have eased ... so we have become relaxed about the whole thing ... less people are wearing masks and and generally going back to normal.

Traffic is back to normal ... schools are open 100 % ... kids made to stand out on the road in the morning ... in the pouring rain on some days (absolutley ridiculous) ... screens installed on counters ... yet everyone drops the mask to the chin and goes to the side to talk to the saleman/women ... people using the mask as a sweat collector arond the chin ... it doesnt even cover the nose or mouth ... shopping goes on as normal ...everyone touch everything ... picking up and putting down ... everyone leans against the counters ... touching card machines even tap and go ... pins are required.

there is talk of a third wave ... if it happens ... we will once again be caught with our pants around our ankles and by the time we catch on ... it will be too late ... by the time everyone gets back into routine it would have spread like fire.

Its your right by law to make everyone wear a mask ... which is what I do when I have to ... but if I go into a building to visit or work ... i check if people are wearing masks ... if they are ... I do wear my mask ... but if they are not wearing a mask ... I decide if I am going to stay or leave and request permission to remove my mask ... it sounds a bit ridiculous ... asking permission if they are not wearing a mask ... but if I enter their building ... their rules apply.

DO i wear a mask while filling up with petrol ... no ... my vehicle is higher than most ... the window is opened slightly to inform them of how much and then the card machine is passed through the small gap ... I use my own sanitizer to wash my hands once the transaction is complete and the slip is in the ash tray ...where they stay for a couple weeks ... my card is put back in my germ infected leather wallet ... which has cash ... driver license which is handed to to certain security personal to scan for entry to properties or collection from certain properties ... cards which exchange hands on average of at least 10 times a day ( I dont have accounts ... I pay for everthing on collection)

Once again it boils down to common sense ... something which unfortuntely only applies to a small minority ... so laws are passed and enforced.

I have modified my mask to make it very comfortable ... so if I am forced to wear it ... its is no big deal.

Thanks
    my card is put back in my germ infected leather wallet ... which has cash
    I am actually quite surprised that so little has been said about the potential of tranference of the virus via the cash registers.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

10. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (21-Mar-21)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Nothing has changed for me. The only change that I have observed since TIPKAF's arrival is how people around me have become paranoid and psychotic, except for the inhabitants of Nompomelelo which is a large informal settlement in Beacon Bay. There, life carries on normally .... no mask wearing ... no social distancing and people are not dropping like flies, like someone else mentioned. No paranoia there, just normal life. My assistant, Xolani, who lives there doesn't know of anyone who has died of anything else but plain old age or maybe a car accident but nothing out of the ordinary.

I wonder what it feels like to be paranoid. Am I missing something?

Peace out ... Derek
    I get it, nothing we say here will make you think twice. However... In the end, this virus doesn't need your permission to exist. It will do exactly what has been doing and regardless or your methodology/comprehension/justification/argument/whatever else, it will continue to do what it does until it is stopped. Now Coronavirus Death Toll i believe is real. A few of those numbers are friends of mine and are family of mine, people i cared about. So you do you, and i really do hope you remain healthy. i really do... But as for me, i will try to stay out of this things way. i will use my mask, i will use my gloves, i will use the disinfectant and i will try to keep my travel to a minimum. My health is already compromised enough as it is.

Just think carefully now... see according to you we are "just paranoid" so are you saying that the people we lost doesn't exist? At this point in time i would say consider carefully because many have lost, many are sad and many may not react as calmly. Just remember there is another very sad side to this coin.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

12. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (21-Mar-21)

Thanks
    Some interesting facts. That is if you are interested, of course. Nobody is forcing you.

https://jermwarfare.com/blog/this-pandemic-is-fake

Peace out ... Derek.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast