Thread: Wago connectors

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Wago connectors

I was a huge fan of the hellerman helacon connectors ... bought them by the thousands ... then Wago came along with the wago 221 connector.

Everytime I refill my containers with connectors ... my credit cards squeals under extreme pressure.

So the question I ask myself are they worth the price ... hell yes.

Yesterday did a rewire in a domestic installation ... the customer wanted the job done right which means no short cuts ... no twin+E thrown around the building ... clipped against the wall and plastered ... no twisted connections with skrewits ... just good old fashion quality workmanship ... using the hand thumb wire slack at the switches (the older sparkies will know what I am talking about)

We also pulled in additonal return wires and neutral wires to the switches for future additions and smart switches ... using a combination of helacon connectors (with spares holes for future using a 4 way if only a 3 way was required ) for the "fixed/structual" wiring and wago 221 connectors to connect the fittings ... what a pleasure ... I hope to get lighting connecotrs before we return to complete the project.

As we all know there are always pros and cons ... one fo the cons to using the 221 or push lighting connectors ... you need to make sure you dont put pressure on the connectors when pushing them up into the junction boxes or pull the clip loose as you push on it.

One of the things I enjoy about the helacon connector ... if fitted correctly ... you create a safer environment if the wires are exposed ... for example we didnt finish installing all the fittings ...due to lack of earthing on the metal fittings ... which we bought back to the workshop to run earth wires and create an earth point to connect. The wires are pushed up into the junction boxes and safe from touch by a standard test finger ... when we go back ... it is just a matter of pushing the tail into the helacon connector and connection the light with the lighting connector (no tools reuired) if anyone has to remove the fittings or require a live as well as a return ... no tool required plug or unplug and go.

Spend the money and make everyones life a little easier.

The next thing I need to figue out ... a way to hold the fitting while connecting them ... like the ceiling fans have the hook on the base plate ... maybe an M 5 screw with a washer welded onto to it ... or an S hook.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I bought a couple of the 221 mounting carriers and used them in a panel ... what a pleasure.

https://www.wago.com/global/electric...roinstallateur
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.