Thread: dishonnest COC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Anyway you look at this ... you gonna be the sucker who pays ... which is why i keep warning peope about trusting the seller to supply the COC's ... they are not worth the paper they are written on ... half the inspectors are not even suitably qualified to carry out inspections ... then they change the rules and the SANS book all the time just to add confusion

My advice ... contact the inspector on the COC ... ask him if he would kindly return and fix his illegal COC ... if he shows you the middle finger ... dont even waste your time with the ECA and the DOL and rest of that crap ... the ECA is the electrical contractors ass. ... setup to protect the contractor.

Pay for a legit "inspection report" (this could be an even bigger challenge trying to find one) to be done ... get the report with as many pics as possible ... make sure the inspection report has each regulations which does not comply listed ... then take it to social media.

99% of cases we investigate ... the customer ends up paying for the entire repair and re inspection ... to this day ... I have never heard of a customer winning a case ... the industry has been setup to protect the electrical conctractor ... it is your responsibilty to find a suitably qualified electrician/inspector to carry out your electrical work ... as stupid as that sounds.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

2. Thanks given for this post:

AliceD (29-Sep-20)