I came here to ask something and got stuck into reading the thread, I do online marketing and that type of stuff so I work with quite a few small to medium businesses, and the man I can confirm even if they survived they are hurt. Many at the beginning of covid came for websites ( to finally get online ) but many consumers had been laid off or were uncertain of the future and thus didn't spend. I'm sorry to hear about the death you have experienced, I have been very fortunate to not see much of that. My mother is a nurse and she got sick right at the start thankfully she was ok. The reason I came here was to see if there is any talk of a second wave.

My mother has told me the cases seem to be rising again here in East London. If we do another lockdown I think we will see a bigger number of businesses drop out because they're still trying to recover from the first one. I personally don't agree with a lockdown as harsh as ours. Other countries have done it without annihilating their business sectors. I think the government knows this but in this country's politicians, personal ambitions always come before the people.