Long time lurker on these forums, especially this sub forum, and finally time to post.

Some background: always just an avid DIYer, and keen to know more about everything. Jack of all trades, master of none. But busy building a house, and as things go, my confidence in the builder and his sub-contractors is slowly disappearing. Covid jammed a hold on things, and I decided to dig into quotes etc, as it's become a bit of a nightmare. I'm currently pouring over the electrical stuff, as they've just finished the roof and this is next. I'm 100% sure that it's simply the cheapest "electrician" that the builder can get and in our site visit this morning I left feeling like I was certainly going to have issues later. I just went through the COC on my current place when I sold it, and couldn't believe that despite changing nothing in the 5 years I owned the house I had dozens of changes at R24k due to get the COC for sale. Definitely some bad apples ruining my faith.

No electrician here, but have a few questions and would love any assistance.

• I see on the quote they have 10A and 20A breakers for plugs and lights. After reading on here for ages, I asked some questions. Apparently the lights and stove dont go onto Earth Leakage (Gas Stove, with electric oven, but oven has dedicated connector)? And he said they are C-Curve breakers? No idea what this is, but it's on quote. My googling says we need B-Curve?
  • Whilst on the DB, I saw there were minimal 20A breakers for plugs, and he said they can connect up to 7 plugs to one breaker? I realise none are at max load, but is this correct? Does the cable just run from one plug to the next? No idea what he meant, and when asked just said "that's how it's done".
  • On the quote there is a mention of blue cable? I've always thought the colours are red / black / green/yellow? I see all lighting has 1.5mm cable quoted and plugs 2,5mm and stove / geyser is 6mm. Not sure again if this is correct, seems right, but who knows what he'll actually use.
  • I use LED intelligent Philips Hue GU10 bulbs in downlighters, must I insist the fitting is earthed? All ceilings in the house are 2,5m high. The connection would be 220V I assume as that's what the bulbs need.

Thanks, I really appreciate your assistance. There are other things like earth spike and things he just fobbed off when I asked, but thought I'd not push my luck as a total newbie. I'm just considering getting a few facts from experts before I approach my builder tomorrow and ask them to try change electrician, or remove this part from the quote and let me hire someone I trust / have confidence in.