Dear readers...

I would like to take a moment to vent my frustrations dealing with the Sonoff smart range and its manufacturer.

I am in the smart iot industry for home and business building towards smart communities and smart cities.

I have used a range of various products on the market and I've really been let down by Sonoff.

I've ordered,received and installed aprox 500 devices for a smart complex. This was installed last year around June.Since then, I've had aprox 230 device fail either non responsive, or completely dead.

I was purchasing these items from a reseller, who at first stepped up and changed out about 40 devices, thereafter they referred us to so off directly in order to address the issue.

Sonoff team admitted that there were aware of the defective units released into the market??? Even with this knowledge, they have not been upfront with their assistance to rectify this error on their part.

When enquiring about this further and asking for replacement units, I was told that they would send it with my next order, which involves a tiring process of filling in documents upon documents with projections and commitments to purchasing minimum order quantities. And only under these circumstances would they then send my replacement units.

So now I have to buy more potentially defective products in order for them to swop out the ones which have defected already.

Has anyone else experienced this as yet using these devices or dealing with this manufacturer or one of its resellers?