Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
I dont agree with you ...i was busy from the 6 December - 30 Jan this year ... I relocated half a factory and made sure it was ready to run when everyone arrived back at work... its a pity we didnt plan it for March ... I could have spent the 21 days in lockdown in the factory.

I have also found that if i am not busy i tend to "play" rather than focus on what is going to happen tomorrow.

People who know me ...know not to ask me if i am busy ... i am always busy ...busy working ...busy fishing... busy riding my bicycle ...busy typing crap on forums (my way to release from the pressure of work and other stuff).

As i have mentioned ... the problem is the system being taught ...if it was so great ... 98 % of businesses would succeed.

We all know what we do wrong... the stuff Adrian listed is pretty accurate for most of us small business.

i am seriously considering getting a PA ... rather than employing more staff.
There, you have said it. You are always busy, so you don't have the time to attend networking meetings or to subscribe to business courses to further your education. The answer lies in effective time management. Try to work out a schedule for work and play and do not get distracted while you are working. There will be times when schedules overlap or there may be an emergency to attend to, but try to prioritize and attend to the important things first.

Many of us are good at what we do, but what we have learnt 20, 30 or 40 years ago no longer applies. We now have cell phones, 3D printers, laptops and other technologies that did not even exist when we qualified for what ever we are doing now. What about new materials, chemicals and compounds?

Even food have changed. We now eat stuff that we we never knew existed when we grew up. My mother never knew about microwave, convention stoves or even blenders.

We sometimes have to take a break and sharpen the saw so that we can cut more trees.